Position: Sr. SW Engineer
Location: Boston, MA Area
3 Openings, Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Equity Trading team is seeking a senior software engineer to be an
integral member of the development team responsible for enhancing and
evolving the applications used by the Equity Trading business group.
As a senior member of this team, the individual will have the following
- Technical design, implementation, deployment, and support of the
Equity Trading platform and other Equity related applications within the
Trading suite of applications
- Partner with Business Analysts to review and implement business
- Partner with Project Managers, Technical and QA Leads on
estimates, statuses, identify issues and raise risks
- Partner with the Architecture team to ensure track work is aligned
with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- Stay current with evolving Trading industry and technical trends
to ensure systems and team are of highest caliber
Keys to This Position:
1) Strong Java (Server Side), Messaging (i.e. JMS), Java Frameworks
(i.e. Spring) and PL/SQL.
2) Trading Systems experience.
3) Equities or Fixed Income experience.
4) Strong Communication skills.
5) On a Leadership path.
6) Seeking experience with High Volume, High Transactional Systems.
This individual will be a strong Java Developer that knows how to build High
Speed Performance Applications.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and proven
ability to design and deliver solutions relevant to complex business
- Five plus years in systems development using Java and J2EE
- Experience developing high-performance trading or transactional
- Strong analysis, design and modeling skills
- Strong knowledge and experience with message technologies (e.g.
- Strong knowledge and experience with frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Strong knowledge of Oracle database and PL/SQL
- Knowledge of software development and testing methodologies and
their effective application
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced,
team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical production
- UI Development experience would be considered a strong plus
- Computer Science degree or related field
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org