Position: Senior Java Developer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
A startup company which is well funded by a huge media conglomerate is looking for highly skilled, professional Java developers to help build software services around an innovative hardware product which will revolutionize the media publishing industry.
This is truly an exciting opportunity to get into a well-funded startup and help define the next generation of media products. The right candidates should be motivated to build products with cutting edge technology, and with the ability to follow a methodology and conventions as part of a team environment. You should further be results-driven rather than process-driven, as you will have a chance to make a visible impact in this organization.
- Very strong Java and Linux skills
- Large systems design and development experience
- Experience with agile development practices preferred
- Excellent communication and relationship skills
- Team lead and/or management experience
- Excellent technical leadership skills and the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with minimal mentoring
- Can wear multiple hats and easily step in to take on various roles as required.
- Thrives in a test driven environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in building products that have been taken to market
- Development with RoR, SOAP, XML-RPC, Web Services preferred
- RDBMS knowledge, SQL Server, MySQL.
- A minimum of 5 years experience required, start-up experience essential.
- BS in CS or related field preferred
This position is located in Palo Alto, CA
We cannot sponsor Visas at this time.
We cannot relocate, local candidates preferred.
PLEASE REPLY TO jobs AT firstpaper DOT com with JAVA DEVELOPER in the subject line.