Position: Lead Systems Analyst
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Location: Boston, MA Area
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus - Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
My client’s Strategic Fixed Income development team provides mission critical applications supporting portfolio construction and management activities. The Lead Systems Analyst will act as the product manager for a key investment application, which provides holdings data supporting fixed income (and equity) portfolio management, compliance, and real time reporting.
He/she will provide the business vision and requirements for new functionality and extensions to the existing application. The position will also be responsible for the support of our Fixed Income portfolio construction application suites and technology related investment activities.
This position requires a high level of direct interaction with end users, excellent analytical and communications skills, experience with database technologies including SQL and Oracle, strong Fixed Income knowledge, and effective project management skills.
- Partner with the investments professionals across Fixed Income, (Equity), and Compliance, Trading and Portfolio Accounting teams, extended Data Quality teams and IS at all levels of the organization to proactively provide thought leadership and support for Investment View and Fixed Income portfolio construction processes and activities.
- Partner with users to iteratively collect, document and implement systems requirements that deliver business value critical to the investment process.
- Assist in design, testing, and support of Fixed Income application suites
- Instill a zero-defect mindset in software engineers and quality assurance analysts on behalf of your clients
- Train and educate members of the Fixed Income business on application usage
- Work with users and the wider organization to prioritize needs and provide communication to keep them apprised of progress.
- Perform data gap analysis and facilitate remediation efforts
- Document, track, and research production issues and work with appropriate teams on the resolution
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior systems analysis role supporting investment professionals on large, complex applications
- Strong understanding of the investment processes, economics, financial markets and statistics, with a deep knowledge of Fixed Income instruments and practices, including mortgage backed securities, swaps and other derivatives
- Strong knowledge of order management systems, electronic trading practices and markets.
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis for large systems initiatives and the ability to contribute to the development of a comprehensive front office systems strategy
- Attention to detail, strong written, oral communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Strong project management, team management, and coordination skills
- Familiar with test driven and iterative development.
- Experience in writing SQL commands and navigating relational databases
Keys to this Position:
1. A Strong Understanding of Fixed Income and the Investment Process
2. Strong experience as a Systems Analyst supporting Investment Professionals
3. Very Strong Client Relationship skills. This individual will be supporting Fixed Income Portfolio Managers and other Investment Professionals
4. Strong ability to think strategically about where the Fixed Income Systems products can go; the next generation; and expanding the user universe.
5. Strong support and troubleshooting skills with the ability to query the database using SQL
6. This position is a Senior hands-on contributor working with and managing consultants.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - Relocation Possible for exceptionally strong candidates
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
WEB Site - www.wrightassociates.org