Job: Database Developer - SQL Server - .Net (VB or C#) - Boston, MA Area - Up to $100K+ DOENovember 11th, 2008
Position: Database Developer
Up to $100K DOE + Bonus
Local Candidates Only
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Research Systems Group provides development and support to various Investment Divisions in all areas of the investment process, including research, portfolio construction and optimization, pre and post trade analytics, trading, middle and back office.
The Database Developer would work closely with business users, developers and third parties to identify areas where technology could be leveraged to enhance the investment process. The candidate would design and implement database systems and software solutions used for research, analysis, and trading.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Propose and design financial data solutions and interfaces.
- Architect, build or expand existing database systems for research, trading and operations functions across the firm.
- Implement applications based on the solutions proposed and work closely with users to test and integrate the applications into the current production environment.
- Support the applications developed as well as legacy systems.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in technology discipline.
- 2 years experience developing database applications.
- Experience designing and building database systems.
- Experience developing applications with Microsoft SQL Server as a backend.
- Experience with .NET (VB or C#).
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting Services or Analysis Services.
- Proven ability to deliver quality applications based on given time estimates.
- Ability to provide creative solutions and desire to keep up with advances in technology.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Mathematics or other analytical background would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Matlab preferred.
Up to $100K + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article