Position: Database Developer
Location: Boston, MA Area
Up to $100K DOE + Bonus
Local Candidates Only
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management
company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package -
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Research Systems Group provides development and support to various
Investment Divisions in all areas of the investment process, including
research, portfolio construction and optimization, pre and post trade
analytics, trading, middle and back office.
The Database Developer would work closely with business users, developers
and third parties to identify areas where technology could be leveraged to
enhance the investment process. The candidate would design and implement
database systems and software solutions used for research, analysis, and
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Propose and design financial data solutions and interfaces.
- Architect, build or expand existing database systems for research,
trading and operations functions across the firm.
- Implement applications based on the solutions proposed and work
closely with users to test and integrate the applications into the current
- Support the applications developed as well as legacy systems.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in technology discipline.
- 2 years experience developing database applications.
- Experience designing and building database systems.
- Experience developing applications with Microsoft SQL Server as a
- Experience with .NET (VB or C#) - Investment Management Experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, Reporting
Services or Analysis Services.
- Proven ability to deliver quality applications based on given time
- Ability to provide creative solutions and desire to keep up with
advances in technology.
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
- Mathematics or other analytical background would be a plus.
- Knowledge of Matlab preferred.
Up to $100K + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation
Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org