Role: Professional Services Consultant (SAN/NAS)
It is critical for this individual to have a high degree of technical proficiency and to understand the customers’ business requirements in order to relate these requirements to a proposed technical solution. Typical customer technical environments include:
- Operating Systems: Unix and Windows systems administration functions including domain structures, file systems, disk partitions, mounts, quotas, and general security.
- Networking: Local area network technology, specifically Ethernet, IP, DNS and NIS associated daemons. Network architectures include: hubs, repeaters, bridges, routers, and switches.
A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required.
As a Professional Services Consultant (PSC), you will be expected to position and deliver company-marketed solution sets and other custom consulting. In this role, your broad technical and business professional skills are essential as you consult with Network Appliance customers and prospects to architect and build robust Backup/Recovery solutions. Working with our sales, implementation and service teams, you will present solutions to customers’ unique requirements. You will architect, propose and implement designs to meet the customer business and
technical needs, consulting with your clients as you go.
The essential responsibilities of the Professional Services Consultant are to provide leadership to other Professional Services team members and drive adoption of best practices in order to assist NetApp customers through on-site support and consulting services including:
- Project planning for tasks of moderate to high complexity.
- Installation and configuration of NetApp hardware and software products.
- Requirements analysis including gathering technical details regarding customer’s environment.
- Implementation of SAN & NAS deployments, backup and restore, disaster recovery, storage consolidation, data protection, storage performance, etc.
- Optimization including upgrades, performance monitoring and system audit tasks.
- Assist Global Support center in customer support including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Our client is not able to Sponsor anyone at this time Salary will be between $130 and $150,000 depending on experience