Position: Network Administrator job at Mountain View CA
Location: Mountain View CA
Sr. Network Engineer
Our client is looking for a senior network engineer to design, setup, and maintain a new data-center. Responsibilities include design, implement, and configure internal and external networks at our co-location data centers. Recommend and implement monitoring solutions to ensure security, performance and high availability of these networks and related application services, including evaluation of intrusion detection solutions and external security monitoring services. Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems. Interface with ISPs and data center staff to provision sufficient network capacity and resolve any issues as needed. Maintain network equipments and their configurations and perform all necessary software/firmware updates. Provide documentation for all network designs and configurations. Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment. Linux experienc and scripting is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical discipline
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Able to architect and setup all network services and monitoring for a new data center
- Working knowledge of setting up redundant networking for 24×7 operations
- A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH, SNMP, etc.
- Experience with enterprise class firewall/VPN, routers, switches, and load balancers
- Strong Linux networking and Windows
- Experience in a production environment is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, well-organized self starter
- Experience with Cisco, Dell, F5 Big-IP, SonicWall networking products is desired
- Possessing network certifications is a plus
CEO and Founder
AC Search Group
cecilia AT acsearchgroup DOT com