Position: Lead Systems Analyst
Location: Boston, MA Area
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
As a member of the Fixed Income Systems team, this individual will be
responsible for leading rapid solutions delivery for Fixed Income Investment
The Fixed Income Rapid Solutions team is responsible for providing
front-office Information Services capabilities to my client’s fixed income
portfolio management and research analyst teams. The team plays a critical
role in the firm’s success by providing technical solutions which improve
the efficiency, speed and quality of the highly complex investment
- Establish and manage strong client relationships
- Lead business requirements collection and documentation;
- Interface and coordinate with the broad Information Services teams
to ensure successful delivery;
- Demonstrate strong project management and leadership skills with
ability to handle multiple activities in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Interact with investment professionals at all levels of the
organization to proactively identify opportunities for new/improved systems
to improve the investment process.
- Capture, Manage and facilitate implementation of business
solutions in conjunction with the technical development.
- Perform gap analysis between investment process and existing
- Establish effective client relationship and prioritization
- Manage implementation of business process improvements involving
(but not limited to) investment process efficiency, data quality
improvements and simplifying investor work flow.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of ten years of experience in IT industry with seven years
of experience in financial industry out of which at least three years
experience in systems role supporting investment/trading professionals
- Strong understanding of Fixed Income and derivative securities
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis for medium to large
initiatives. Familiarity in formal requirements collection methodologies
like UML is a strong plus.
- Excellent organization and communication (verbal and written)
- Motivated, agile and able to work independently in a fast paced
team oriented environment. Committed to deliver project on time and overcome
- Working knowledge of ANSI SQL with RDBMS like Oracle is a must.
Exposure to related technologies like Oracle BI is preferred but not a
- Demonstrate strong client focus and relationship management skills
- Bachelor’s degree is a minimum. Advanced degree is preferred.
- Holding a CFA charter or working toward a CFA designation would be
considered a plus.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of JAVA, XML, JSP, Web
Services and awareness of open source frameworks/technology is a strong
Keys to this Position:
1. Strong Systems Analysis skills required (60% of the role)
2. Strong Development skills required (40% of the role). The technical
requirement includes Java, JSP, Web technologies, PL/SQL. Oracle BI is a
3. Strong Client Relationship skills are required. This individual will
be interfacing with Investment Professionals on a daily basis leading the
development of short duration projects (multiple projects at a time).
Project Leadership skills are required.
4. Domain requirement: Seeking solid knowledge of Fixed Income and
5. Note: Strong Technical and Strong Client Interface skills are critical.
If the candidate is light on the domain knowledge we will consider them.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org