Position: Sr. System’s Analyst
Location: Boston, MA Area
Sr. System’s Analyst - Derivatives Support - FS - Boston, MA Area -
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
As a member of the Derivatives Investor Application Team, this individual
will provide Information Services support to the users of the Derivatives
Platform. The users include Investors, Traders, and Back Office individuals.
Success in this position requires knowledge of derivatives instruments,
practical experience with a large vendor system, a solid understanding of a
broad range of technology solutions, and outstanding client management
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships.
- Track, manage, and report on support requests, ensuring that all
issues are resolved in a timely and thorough manner.
- Interact with investment professionals, traders, and back office
individuals at all levels of the organization to proactively identify
opportunities for new/improved systems.
- Perform gap analysis between current workflows and existing
systems, making recommendations for improvements where required.
- Work closely with members of the development team to design and
test technology solutions to meet client requirements.
- Stay abreast of the “state of the art” as it relates to investment
and trading practice, both within the firm and throughout the industry.
- Work closely with colleagues in the Information Services
department to coordinate effective delivery of appropriate technical
- Provide systems training as required.
Keys to This Position:
1. This position is 60% Support and 40% Systems Analysis. This individual
requires strong Systems Analysis skills (writing requirements, working with
development team, testing, etc.)
2. Experience supporting and dealing with Investment Professionals (i.e.
Portfolio Managers, Traders, etc.) is required.
3. Domain Knowledge: knowledge of Derivatives is a big plus, but will also
consider Fixed Income or Equities experience.
4. Excellent communication skills required.
5. Any knowledge of the following vendor systems is a big plus: Summit,
Murex, Calypso, Front Arena, Imagine. Calypso is preference.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of five years of experience in the investment industry or
global capital markets, with a minimum of three years in a systems role
supporting investment professionals or traders.
- Demonstrated client focus and relationship management skills.
- Solid understanding of derivatives.
- Previous experience acting in a business analysis capacity,
including knowledge of software requirements gathering processes.
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technology.
- Practical knowledge of at least one large vendor system designed
to facilitate investment or trading processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission-critical
- Strong delivery focus and ability to overcome obstacles.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- CFA charter, or work towards one is strongly preferred
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org