Position: Sr. Systems Analyst
Location: Boston, MA Area
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus - Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
My client’s trading system supports 24 hour trading in markets around the globe. This system is constantly being enhanced to support ever-changing Fixed-Income, Derivative, Mortgage, and Currency trading needs both domestically and internationally.
This Fixed Income Business Analyst would contribute to the trading systems team by working with the Fixed Income Trading desk and the IS development teams to create and enhance the firm’s Trading systems. The candidate will work as part of the Trading Systems Business Team to support complex trading scenarios involving fixed income, derivative, mortgage, and FX markets. Support and integration of third party products and internal interfaces is also an important part of the role.
The Fixed Income Business Analyst will contribute to the design, development, and testing of the firm’s mission-critical Trading System. This includes gathering and documenting requirements and working closely with the development team as solutions are implemented. This role will interface with traders, portfolio managers, and trade administrators to understand and design products and processes. The Analyst will also be responsible for assisting with systems testing, deployment, training and support.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5-10 years BA or systems analysis experience in trading or portfolio management
- Strong knowledge of Fixed Income trading practices and markets
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Charles River, Latent Zero, Longview, or Calypso is a plus
- Strong knowledge of order management systems and electronic trading (FIX)
- Experience with Oracle/SQL, or PL/SQL considered a plus
- Self-motivated and willing to work in an energetic, fast paced team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
Keys to this Position:
1. Domain Knowledge: Ideally the candidate will have Fixed Income and Derivatives trading systems experience. Fixed Income knowledge from either a Trading Systems or Portfolio Management Systems background is required (Trading Systems is preferred). The candidate can be stronger with Derivatives and lighter in Fixed Income.
2. Vendor Management Systems experience is a strong plus (i.e Charles River, Latent Zero, etc.)
3. Strong Systems Analyst or Business Analyst background is required.
4. Technical: SQL skills are a strong plus.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - Relocation Possible for exceptionally strong candidates
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org