Role: Director of OS Kernel Engineering —- Silicon Valley
As Director of Software Engineering, candidate will be responsible for managing a team of about 30 to 40 software developers responsible for developing disk - based backup products.
You will provide technical direction and leadership to 3 or 4 first line technical managers and other technical professionals. You will play a critical role in planning, delivery and execution of disk - based backup
Details of job responsibilities are:
1. Responsible for technical direction, product roadmap, architecture, design and implementation of system software for disk based backup products. Need to work with technical architects and product managers and other
technical professional in accomplishing this function.
2. Work collaboratively with other senior managers to define and implement product development processes.
3. Work with program managers and engineering managers to create a detailed project schedule and execute engineering programs to the set schedule.
4. Work collaboratively with other senior managers and vice presidents to establish strategic plans and objectives.
5. Utilize technical, project management and people management experience to provide technical direction and drive execution of programs.
6. Responsible for staffing, budgeting and managing expenses within an approved operating plan
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Technical background and experience in platform software especially in Linux Kernel, high - availability software, File systems, IO and storage subsystems. Direct experience with backup, recovery and archiving products
in an enterprise environment will be a plus.
3. A minimum of 7 to 10 years of previous people management experience with at least 3 years of second line management / Director - level experience.
4. BS or MS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
Detailed resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org