Job: Software Development Manager for User Interface Design team - Silicon ValleyNovember 8th, 2008
Position: Software Development Manager
Location: Silicon Valley
Our client is looking for a Senior Manger for their User Experience/User
Interface Engineering team.
The team plays a central role in creating a user interface design and then building key infrastructure to support consistent implementation of the UI by multiple development teams who are creating the key functional elements of the product. The group is also responsible for creation of complex UI components which will be used by more than one development team in delivering their features.
We are seeking an experienced leader responsible for the direction, coordination, and management of this diverse team, while also contributing
to the overall UE design of the product. In this position you will lead a team with a central role in the product lifecycle and grow the team to meet the capacity demands of current and future product offerings.
- Hands-on planning and management of the interface design and specification process for new products. Identify and clarify requirements by working with other groups in engineering and Product Management.Develop project task estimates, deliverable and milestone task assignment.
- Manage software development projects that implement UI specifications,
including some projects which may include local and remote engineers.
- Find, hire, mentor, and retain talented user experience and user interface
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and impact of the UI Development team.
- Develop and maintain a clear and cohesive design vision and develop
standards and a style guide for UI development within the larger engineering
- Conduct critiques and provide direction to design team on their work.
- Work with Engineering management to plan the product roadmap with insight into projects that will require additional design resources and testing.
Incorporate user feedback and research into product roadmaps.
- Assimilate and comprehend the technical details of projects in development
in order to better plan their implementation and delivery.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 6+ years in an UI development position (leading teams, defining schedule,
proven release track record)- Extensive background in complex desktop application and user-centered design
- Background in human-computer interaction or related field (BS or MS in
Computer Science or related field a big plus)
- Prior experience or knowledge about issues corporations face in Security,
Security Management or Network Management is highly desirable.
Please send your detailed resume to: hank AT ocgrp DOT com
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article