Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Silicon Valley
HiWire has been retained to find an outstanding Senior Software Engineer for
a venture capital-backed, Silicon Valley startup developing horizontal
semantic solutions for search engine optimization, content tagging and
related search term generation. These products make Web sites easier to
find, both to outside search engines such as Google and to other pages
within the same site via cross-linking and related search. The result is
increased revenue from higher inbound traffic and longer sessions.
Reporting to VP of Engineering, the Senior Software Engineer will be a key
contributor within the software development organization. The primary areas
of focus for the Senior Software Engineer will include:
- Producing functional specifications and designs based on feature
requirements from Product Management.
- Implementing in a timely manner, unit testing, and bug-fixing
well-designed, robust functionality that meets the specifications.
- Working with software development processes and tools, and helping
- Mentoring other software engineers, including code reviews.
The ideal candidate will have previous, successful Software Engineer
experience, preferably with a company developing commercial software
products. He/she should have a track-record of being a solid team player
and delivering results on schedule. The successful candidate must have
successful startup experience and the passion and energy for another
The ideal candidate will also have:
- 5-10 Years of software development experience.
- Proficiency in the Unix environment, C++ development (including STL),
database programming and Web development. Linux, GNU C++, MySQL, CGI and CVS experience preferred. Experience with artificial intelligence, machine
learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, knowledge
representation, data mining, distributed systems, and/or network programming
- A passion for problem solving. Looking for a creative person who enjoys
the challenge of figuring out better ways to approach and solve interesting
- Ability to work in a lean, fast-moving entrepreneurial environment.
Previous experience at a dynamic startup is required. Ability to work in an
environment with scarce resources, fast-paced decision-making and a
relentless focus on the customer and revenue.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated success in
communications with other employees, the management team, and customers and
partners as necessary.
- A BS degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
On a personal level, the Senior Software Engineer should be a real team
player, a self starter and capable of working fairly independently without a
lot of supervision.
If this position looks like a good match with your background and interests,
please contact in confidence:
Partner and Founder
webSMAA AT hiwire DOT com