Position: Java backend development engineer
Senior Software Engineer (Java Backend Development) (Career
Stability) Local Candidates Please
Location: Santa Clara
You’re smart, you’re fast, and most importantly, you always get it done.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic backend Java development
engineer with strong PHP as well. We are a startup based in Santa
Clara, with a tight-knit team of engineers. We have an impressive
growth opportunity despite a poor economy. Funded recently by Kleiner
Perkins and Gabriel Venture Partners, We are growing aggressively.
With an additional $25m in backing, our company is already generating
You love coding and building new things. You’re smart, you’re fast,
and most importantly, you always get it done.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic Java Software Engineer
who is experienced with PHP. The ideal candidate for this position has
worked with high-load, high-availability websites previously and must
be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. The
successful candidate will also have experience in working in ecommerce
or consumer orientated products.
- Design, develop, and maintain new features for backend systems
- Write clean, object-oriented code in both Java and PHP5
- Focus on scalability, performance, and data integrity for
these data driven backend systems
- Port legacy backend systems from Object-Oriented PHP to Java
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, following proper
software development methodologies, including unit testing,
participating in code reviews, and QA
- Strong background in object-oriented application development
- Ability to read, understand, and develop applications in PHP
- Experience refactoring legacy code
- Solid experience with MySQL, Schema design, and query tuning
- Experience working in a Linux/FreeBSD environment
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work
effectively with all organizational levels
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
We offer an a superb compensation package with lucrative equity in our
firm. Most importantly we continue to obtain funding from top tier VC
in this very difficult economic climate. This is your opportunity to
realize both technical challenge as well as providing a much needed
service to the market.
Please send your information to herbnj AT gmail DOT com