Position: My SQL DBA
Local Candidates Pls
Career stability bkgd
Location: Santa Clara
You’re smart, you’re fast, and most importantly, you always get it done.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic MySQL DBA. The ideal candidate for this position has worked with high-load, high-availability, 24×7 environments previously and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
We are a startup based in Santa Clara, with a tight-knit team of engineers. We have an impressive growth opportunity despite a poor economy. Funded recently by Kleiner Perkins and Gabriel Venture Partners, We are growing aggressively. With an additional $25m in backing, our company is already generating a buzz.
- Maintain our 10+ MySQL databases in production, staging, and development environments, including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades, performance tuning, schema changes, etc.
- Assist operations team with general system administration responsibilities
- Assist with day-to-day database operation
- Assist with Data Warehouse implementation and maintenance
- Perform MySQL health monitoring and diagnostics
- Estimating project duration, effort, resource load and cost
- Very experienced in MySQL replication, optimization / performance tuning, and backup techniques
- Shell scripting experience (bash, awk, sed, perl, etc.)
- Experience with large data sets (50-100M rows+)
- Ability to work independently as well as ability to work well with a team of development and operations engineers
- Experience with advanced MySQL replication techniques
- Experience performing backups of large databases with minimal downtime
- Experience working with MySQL on FreeBSD (7.x)
- Bonus: Familiarity with PCI DSS
- Bonus: System Administration experience
We offer an a superb compensation package with lucrative equity in our firm. We have such benefits as complimentary breakfast and lunch daily, Laundry service, and subsidized gym membership. Most importantly we continue to obtain funding from top tier VC in this very difficult economic climate. This is your opportunity to realize both challenge as well as providing a much needed service to the market.
Please send your information to herbnj AT gmail DOT com