Position: Senior Software Engineer (Backend Development)
Local Candidates Please
Location: Santa Clara
You’re smart, you’re fast, and most importantly, you always get it done.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic backend Java development engineer with strong PHP as well. We are a startup based in Santa Clara, with a tight-knit team of engineers. We have an impressive growth opportunity despite a poor economy. Funded recently by Kleiner Perkins and Gabriel Venture Partners, We are growing aggressively. With an additional $25m in backing, our company is already generating a buzz.
You love coding and building new things. You’re smart, you’re fast, and most importantly, you always get it done. Admit it, you’re a rockstar.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic Senior Software Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position has worked with high-load, high-availability websites previously and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment. The successful candidate will also have experience in working in ecommerce or consumer orientated products.
- Write clean, object-oriented code in both Java and PHP5
- Focus on scalability, performance, and data integrity for these data driven backend systems
- Port legacy backend systems from Object-Oriented PHP to Java
- Operate in a fast-paced environment, following proper software development methodologies, including unit testing, participating in code reviews, and QA
- Strong background in object-oriented application development using Java
- Ability to read, understand, and develop applications in PHP
- Experience refactoring legacy code
- Solid experience with MySQL, Schema design, and query tuning
- Experience working in a Linux/FreeBSD environment
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
We offer an a superb compensation package with lucrative equity in our firm. We have such benefits as complimentary breakfast and lunch daily, Laundry service, and subsidized gym membership. Most importantly we continue to obtain funding from top tier VC in this very difficult economic climate. This is your opportunity to realize both technical challenge as well as providing a much needed service to the market. Please send your information to herbnj AT gmail DOT com