Role: Sr. MTS - Storage Engineer, ESX Server - ISCSI
Virtualization is that coveted, fast-growing industry that provides the platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early stage innovator. VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2007 revenues of $1.33 billion, more than 100,000 customers, nearly 18,000 partners, and 6,000 employees working in 36 countries, VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies.
The iSCSI team is responsible for developing, enhancing, and fixing the ESX iSCSI initiator for the most current version of ESX. We are responsible for making sure that the initiator is highly performent, interoperates with a large range of arrays and that it can leverage new hardware. We are looking for a key contributor who can do both design as well as great code implementations.
The role will involve working both inside of the group as well as with other teams internally and externally. The engineer will analyze customer needs to develop new features, work with partners to optimize our solutions. Will perform expert level of problem analysis in both defect and performance issue resolution to insure a fast, high quality product.
- Masters Computer Science or Electronics Engineering & B.Eng or B.Sc. in mathematics, physics, computer Science or Electronics engineering.
- 5+ years of total software development experience with 3 years recent experience in the development storage subsystems.
- C , C++ S/W development.
- In-depth knowledge of Unix or Linux storage architecture and file systems.
- Kernel level development(linux).
- Kernel debug(db,kdb,kgdb)(linux).
- X86 assembly programming ( BIOS or driver debug) .
- Experience in the development of iscsi software initiators or iscsi HBA drivers or FC HBA drivers.
- Experience in the development of storage software for iSCSI, FC, multi-pathing, Clustering or HA with multiple SAN storage solutions (Equallogic, Lefthand, EMC, IBM, HP, etc) in Linux.
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore, India; and Beijing.