Position: Java Applications Developer
Location: Northbrook, Illinois, Chicago area
The Sr. JAVA APPLICATIONS DEVELOPER position is an experienced, senior-level role within Allstate Insurance. As an Applications Developer you will be responsible for creating detailed technical specifications, developing application and system code, participating in code reviews and module testing, and supporting on-going maintenance.
- Analyzing and recommending solutions to meet business, functional and high-level technical requirements as subject matter expert.
- Mentoring and coaching peers, colleagues and less experienced developers.
- As a referral expert in programming languages, data structures and design methods, evaluates detailed technical design components.
- Assisting in the creation and reviewing detailed project estimates and work plans.
- Determining programming approach, tools, and techniques to best meet business requirements.
- Programming of complex code requiring subject matter expertise or workload balance.
- Ensuring code reviews are conducted and quality standards are achieved for changes, enhancements, standards compliance and systems interoperability
- Creating test plans and organizing code test reviews including tracking and resolution of complex defects.
- Managing process/complex problem resolution and recommending best practices for production-level code support, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Preparing and packaging production-ready code modules to staging with proper communications to QC, developers, and management.
- Program Design - Mastery of programming tasks for complex applications and has provided leadership in all tasks and activities required to complete a programming design phase.
- Applications System Architecture - Demonstrated knowledge of how business applications and support systems are structured with detailed systems architecture knowledge to support the business area.
- Programming - Has played a lead role in all tasks and activities required to complete programming tasks for complex applications and experience with full system implementations.
- Program Documentation - Demonstrated ability to translate detailed and complicated technical ideas into easily understood documents.
- Program Testing - Skilled at testing between programs for an entire system-demonstrated use of terminal debugging systems and interprogram/interlibrary text editing.
- Applications Knowledge - Demonstrated business understanding of an applications as well as the impact of new technology, platforms and design criteria on the application.
- 7+ years experience in Enterprise Java Development (J2EE) - Java, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, JMS
- OO (Object Oriented) methodologies / UML
- Application Architecture, SOA
- WAS (WebSphere Application Server)
- XML scripting
- Experience with WebSphere, RAD 6, RSA, and/or Eclipse
- IBM/Rational Tools (ClearCase, ClearQuest, Rational Rose, etc)
- J2EE Design Patterns
- Database experience (RDBMS)
- Database management systems (Oracle, DB2, SQL-Server, etc.), writing stored procedures, and writing SQLs.
- IBM Websphere Portal experience
Email: ada1m AT allstate DOT com
Please Apply: www.allstate.jobs
Job Code: 5Z1