Position: Architect/Design Engineers for Active Archive
Location: Colorado Springs
This position is for an experienced Software Engineer with a broad system level background to develop applications in the area of Data Management. Technical team leadership responsible for the architecture and development of an Active Archival System.
As a key member of the development team, the candidate will work under minimal direction and provide technical expertise in developing solutions to complex software engineering problems, which require frequent use of creativity and ingenuity. Provides work leadership to others. Interfaces with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction. Assignments may include new products as well as upgrades, and enhancements or fixes to existing products. The individual will
interface with Development, QA, Customer Support, and Release Engineering.
Demonstrated experience architecting and developing sophisticated storage solutions. In-depth understanding of distributed applications and multithreading environments.
Experience with storage, file-systems, Archive systems, Intelligent Policy based Automation, Discovery, Search and Compliance with in Data Lifecycle Management context.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Strong programming capabilities in: Java and C++.
- Very technical and technologically savvy.
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge, and experience with multi-tiered mission-critical systems preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments.
- Capable of working closely with product management to ensure we are
building the best products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect. Ability to mentor junior software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
- Demonstrated expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
- Must have understanding of object oriented design and multi-threaded programming.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to influence others to achieve results.
JAVA, C++, NAS, SAN Client/Server systems, Object Oriented Analysis & Design, Design Patterns, Data modeling, UML , Database
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field. Experience