Role: DeskTop Engineer for Microsoft Technologies
Salary: Up to $90K+ - Bonus + PS
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside – Excellent Compensation Package – Bonus – Profit Sharing etc.
Position Responsibilities - Summary
This role will be part of the desktop engineering team responsible for architecting and designing desktop solutions that support global and domestic clients. This role includes the identification of new technology, developing strategies to improve desktop functionality, evaluating technology options, creating designs, testing/validating effectiveness of designs, project managing large migrations and providing day to day 3rd level support.
The client technologies include Microsoft operating system and application software on desktops/laptops/Citrix servers/peripheral devices/PDA’s, etc. The team also engineers tools and software configurations such as anti-virus, Microsoft Office Suite and support tools. This position requires strong hands on experience designing the Windows and Citrix operating systems to host a variety of domestic and global applications with optimum performance. Strong accountability, analytical, organizational and communication skills are a must.
· Perform user, system and support requirements gathering and analysis to provide architectural and design recommendations
· Research options providing functional and technical written evaluations of products and operating system upgrades and patches
· Develop, organize and maintain standard operational procedures
· Create desktop/laptop/citrix build processes for domestic /global sites
· Create and communicate systems and application standards
· Create and maintain systems documentation for testing and validation
· Package software and design distribution methods
· Perform software distribution and patch management to Windows desktops, laptops, and Citrix servers
· Maintain relevant and current knowledge as well as leadership, within assigned technical fields
· Prioritize work efforts, multi-task in a very fast-paced environment, and provide timely and clear updates
· Lead large projects
· Submit weekly status reports and timely project status/scorecards
· Provide technical consultations and presentations to IT as needed
· Perform post-implementation 3rd level support, identifying root cause with strategic solutions to problems
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 3- 5 years experience in Desktop Engineering
· Position requires experience architecting large Windows desktop/laptop/Citrix/Active Directory environment.
· Experience project managing, deploying and supporting large scale O/S migrations and introducing new technology based on business needs and industry standards
· Position requires a solid foundation designing and implementing distributions with Wise, Active Directory, and Marimba.
· Resource Kit level knowledge of Windows 2003, Windows 2000 Prof., XP and Vista
· Ability to work independently without intensive oversight - must be a go-getter and take initiative on a regular basis finding ways to avoid problems proactively rather than just fixing them after the fact)
· Initiative and ability to research problems independently, finding root cause
· Emphasis on sharing of knowledge through good communications, peer training and written documentation - Strong inter-personal skills
· Positive customer service and team attitude (helping others when required)
· Focused on quality - Organized - Committed to continual improvement
· Microsoft desktop technologies
· Discipline to adhere to formal system lifecycle methodology
· Strong Background in the following areas:
- Windows 2003 - - W2K/XP/Vista
- Image builds experience using Ghost/VMWare or similar technologies
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Wise Package Studio – WMI - Marimba
- Advanced Networking concepts (TCP/IP, Routing, Firewalls, Network Security)
Other useful proficiencies:
· MCSE, PMP, EE (for in-depth analysis and proactive vs. reactive approach)
Keys to this position:
1. This is a mid level Desktop Engineer that has a good understanding of Microsoft Technologies.
2. Technical Requirements: Windows 2003/W2K/XP/Vista, Image Builds experience using Ghost/VMWare or similar technologies. Marimba is a nice to have. All of the other remaining technologies in the Technical Proficiencies section are also a plus.
3. This is an engineering role (not Desktop Support). We are looking for an individual that can be responsible for Research and Design of Microsoft technologies. This candidate will work with the deployment and support teams.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available – US Based Applicants Only – No Relocation
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org