Position: Product Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
PayPal’s Account Protections - Fraud Discovery and Account linking team delivers an innovative platform and applications to mitigate fraud losses and protect PayPal customers.
The Product Manager, Account Protections acts as a bridge between business and technology. The PM’s unique combination of business and technical knowledge is leveraged to present business requirements to the technology organization as well as the technical solution to the business owners.
- Write business and product requirements as well as functional specifications for products targeted at reducing fraud. Ensure the requirements meet the business objectives and the products are built to ensure scalability, performance and security.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Business Units to understand business goals, global market and customer requirements. Cross-organizational BUs include sales, marketing, risk management, risk operations, CS, engineering/Product Development.
- Work closely with engineering and project management team to prioritize development initiatives, maximizing the effectiveness of allotted development resources. Drive decisions across all teams and know when to escalate
- Participate in the development of the long term product strategy providing architectural insight and industry expertise. Optimize technology investment though clear tradeoffs between TTM and long term solutions.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively work with teams across various geographies, Have the ability to determine impact of architectural solutions and recommendations on other cross- BU initiatives and identify dependencies.
- Strong technical background. Minimum 5 years defining and/or developing software products, ideally web products
- Experience in financial services or online security required
- Must possess a solid understanding of end to end product life cycle and have experience working in a large cross- functional/matrixed teams
- Highly analytical. Ability to think strategically and also work tactically with remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills are a must for articulating the product vision and detailed functional requirements.
- “Can do” attitude, team player, energetic personality, works well under pressure in a fast paced ever changing environment
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Information Systems or equivalent. MBA a plus.
Ps. Email resume and cover letter to Komal Lahiri,
klahiri AT paypal DOT com