Position: Manager QA
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Location: Marlborough, MA
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Enterprise Development Center seeks a Manager to help us continue to
improve the overall quality of our entire application portfolio. Our desire
is to centralize the Quality Management function to institute best practices
and consistency across the teams. In this key leadership role, the person
will supervise the testing for an entire suite of applications across multiple business units and work to establish an overall Quality Management Center of Excellence. The successful candidate will have strong QA management experience, a strong knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies and best practices, and experienced in the delivery of multiple large-scale software projects simultaneously.
As the Manager of QA, the person will be a leader on the QA team, and a lead
for all ongoing projects with a focus on the delivery of various testing related initiatives.
- Deliver all Testing projects and operations within the portfolio of applications in multiple business group
- Partner with Development and Application managers on integrating Quality Management into the overall SDLC process
- Help evolve company-wide Testing/Quality assurance best practices
- Responsible for QA budget management for the portfolio of applications
- Implement and review quality and delivery metrics that measure the
benefits for the QA group and track the quality of products and services
- Collaborate with Application development groups to drive testing process standardization, adoption, and improvement
- Implementation and adherence to Quality Gates across environments
- Identify and initiate work process and QA tool improvements that lead to increased workplace productivity
- Review and approve Test Strategy and Test Plans for various testing engagements
- Coordinate work across multiple work teams to develop, update, and
implement contingencies for multiple teams to meet changing project or
- Ensure that the test infrastructure and tools for project teams are provided in a timely manner
- Manage a team of employees and consultants
Keys to this Position:
1. Strong Management skills required. This individual will manage approximately 20 QA Analysts.
2. Strong QA background required. The candidate should have experience
with a variety of QA tools that includes but is not limited to: Test Director, Quality Center, Silk suite, Performance Tools, defect tracking tools, code debug tools, etc.
3. Financial Services is required.
4. This individual will be instrumental in the establishment of a Quality Management Center of Excellence. Client is moving from a decentralized to a
centralized model and this candidate will manage that process.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, technical expertise and
communication skills. The individual must possess thorough understanding of
QA Principles, techniques, & technologies and various software development
methodologies including agile principles.
Specific qualifications include:
- 10+ years of Software Application development and/or testing experience
- 5+ years experience in Software QA/Testing Management and Team Leadership
- 3+ years experience in test automation scripts and test automation frameworks
- Experience managing diverse teams of 20 or more people
- Understanding of Object-Oriented and data driven testing methodologies
- Experience in producing program level QA metrics for test case coverage and defect workflow status
- Experience with a variety of QA tools that includes but not limited to: Test Director, Quality Center, Silk suite, Performance Tools, defect tracking tools, code debug tools, etc.
- Experience with different facets of QA tests such as functional, regression, integration, performance, UAT, and operational readiness testing
- Experience with release and configuration management
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, high stress, high productivity environment while
maintaining excellent working relationships with people in a wide variety of
- Strong team leadership and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Computer Science degree or related field
- Experience working in Financial Service industry
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - Relocation Possible
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.wrightassociates.org