Position: Enterprise Architect
Up to $120K+ DOE + Bonus - Excellent total package
Local Candidates Only
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
This position will be accountable for establishing and driving an Enterprise IT Strategy focused on the evolution of application development as it relates to major Business systems. The Architect will work directly with key customers in Operations, IT and across the Enterprise to define business requirements, create technical strategies that enable business solutions and provide senior technical support for driving the solutions to implementation.
Reporting to the Infrastructure Leader, the Enterprise Architecture ensures the viability, interoperability and reliability of technology by translating business requirements and business strategy into effective Enterprise solutions. This individual is also responsible for articulating the architectural vision, conceptualizing and experimenting with alternative architectural approaches, validating the architecture against business requirements, guide and support IT solutions, design and mentor development teams on methodologies, processes and guidelines.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Demonstrated application of architecture strategies, standards, processes, and tools in their solution designs
- Design of high quality application architectures that meet their customers requirements and are consistent with enterprise architectural standards
- Increased re-use and reduced redundancy in applications and technology designs
- Supports the development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns for the application architects.
- Ensures compliance with all architecture directions and standards through cross organization consulting in development efforts.
- Works with constituents and the architectures to gain consensus and establish application architecture standards, policies and directions.
- Support the definition and selection of enterprise tools, technologies and processes
- Ensure representation from the all stakeholders in the design of application solutions
- Act as an expert in application design and development
- Monitor adherence to company standards in application design, development, and testing
- Assist in aligning business strategy to IT strategy. Actively seek opportunities to leverage current IT solutions for new business offerings and services. Align IT solutions with business functions to improve flexibility, facilitate large scale reuse, and improve comprehensibility and visibility of IT’s value to the business.
- Assess, formulate, and communicate go forward information architecture and technology direction for entire enterprise, collaborating with IT development teams and business sponsors.
- Review and approve project deliverables to ensure that they are architecturally sound and achieve as great a degree of fit with the desired architectures as possible.
- Aggressively identify enterprise IT solution/technology initiatives that are of value. Collaborate with other architects and teams in execution of the initiatives.
- Facilitate the availability of relevant technologies and tools to development teams in a timely manner, subject to technology availability.
- Facilitate cross team collaboration.
Must have the ability to contribute to future vision and strategy by conducting research and proof of concepts, maintain a broad knowledge of new technical tools and trends, and envision how those tools could be used in improving the business processes.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 10+ years in an IT Solutions Architecture role with heavy emphasis in .Net / Java in a Financial Services environment
- 10+ years in IT, application design, development and maintenance a Financial Services environment
- 10+ years experience managing technical organizations
- 3+ years experience with offshore vendors
- Translate business strategy into technical vision and strategy
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Understand what the teams want and need from architecture
- Help teams see the value of the architecture and understand how to use it successfully
- Strong understanding of architecture principles and frameworks
- Experience with application and Integration design methodologies, standards and best practices
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and business integration
- TIBCO, NetApps, or IBM MQ integration environments
- Experience with BI, EDWs, and DB environment
- Experience with security architecture
- Application Design, Development, and Testing - Software Life Cycle
- Management techniques and Tools for managing requirements, processes, and object versioning
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals and meet deadlines
Up to $120K+ DOE + Bonus - Excellent total package - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Send resumes in Microsoft Word format only as an attachment - Please indicate the title of the position in the subject line of your Email. Please indicate how you meet the requirements.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org