Job: Senior Software Systems Support Engineer - 80K - 120K - Full-time with benefits - Rancho BernardoApril 23rd, 2009
Position: Senior Software Systems Support Engineer
Location: Rancho Bernardo
80K - 120K Full-time with benefits
San Diego (Rancho Bernardo)
Local candidates only - No H1 transfers available.
Here is your chance to be a key player as a software engineer within a hot fix software support team (not a pure development position) focused on software debugging and operations support. You will be debugging other people’s code in a fast paced, exciting systems environment supporting live gaming applications. The company is a global, world-class leader in state-of-the-art on-line gaming offering an outstanding benefits package.You will use data from logs and monitoring systems to identify problems early and fix or escalate problems to an internal support team. Your focus will be on identifying sections of code affecting issues involving multiple subsystems. You will also test and monitor the system periodically to gather performance and growth metrics a well as suggest system improvements.
Do you have?
- Strong development skills in either C++ (on Unix) or Java (you will be cross trained in C++ or Java)
- Experience developing applications on Windows and/or UNIX / Linux platforms
- Experience using source control and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- an understanding of sockets, threading and file I/O programming
- familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, and other open source technologies
- experience with XML, SQL (Oracle), Perl, and UNIX shell programming
- client-side database programming experience with SQL, Perl, OCI would be a plus
- familiarity with Agile / Scrum methods
If you are ready for a new career challenge, email your resume as a Microsoft Word attachment to mberg AT eastridgeinfotech DOT com noting GAMING in the subject line.
Qualified candidates can expect a prompt, confidential response.
The Eastridge Group has been ranked the #1 recruiting firm for 3 consecutive years in the San Diego Business Journal’s Book of Lists.
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article