Position: Sr. Enterprise Data Architect
Up to $115K+ DOE + Bonus - Excellent total package
Local Candidates Only
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
The candidate will be responsible for design, implementation and support of large OLTP and OLAP application, performance optimization and reporting. Design and implementation of applications includes the following activities:
- Perform data source analysis
- Data modeling & ETL design
- Closely work with QA for testing and UAT activities
- Lead production support and post implementation support effort along-with DBA and operations team
- Establishing robust build / release process
- Expected to lead other members technically in the area of his/her responsibilities
- Common vocabulary and entity set for all problem and solution spaces
- Strategy for the use of, and interactions between, data, systems and users
- Minimal set of data stores to satisfy data requirements
- Reusable set of DB objects and interfaces
- Process to keep examining all of the above to manage change and keep finding more ways to integrate and consolidate
- Database lifecycle process
- Data archiving policy for different types of data (investment strategy data vs. core infrastructural data)
- Formula to estimate the cost of data management per server, database and table (based on operational costs, server, licenses, etc)
- Documentation of the system to system interaction and data flows at varying levels (business / technical / infrastructure)
- Common set of management tools and methodologies for ETL
- Establish a market data centralization/decentralization/normalization/de normalization mechanisms
- Assist in the development of a GDOC (Global Database Operations Center) where our systems will be continuously monitored via 3rd party products, in-house scripts and a operational dashboard
- Define and maintain critical documentation including: Processes, Rules and Regulations, Best Practices, etc.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- An average 10+ years in IT, application design, development and maintenance
- IT Solutions Architecture experience, heavy emphasis in .Net / Java
- Knowledge of the financial industry is preferred
Artifacts of Enterprise Data architect Experience:
- 8+ years of IT/software experience in data modeling/data architecture.
Able to work with key business partners to gain consensus on their organizations’ business policies and requirements
- Must have demonstrated ability to design, implement, and tune data mart/reporting system in a large data environment.
- Ability to present complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Solid, quantifiable experience in the following: Metadata standards, Data modeling, Use of modeling tools, Data flow diagrams, ERWin, Databases, SQL Server, and PLSQL Programming.
- Understand team requirements and need from architecture
- Help teams see the value of the architecture and understand how to use it successfully
- Strong understanding of architecture principles and frameworks
- Must intimately familiar with features like table partitioning, bit mapped index , star optimization, data warehouse analytical functions
- Must be aware of performance and scalability considerations in a mart environment
- Experience with application and Integration design methodologies, standards and best practices
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) and business integration
- TIBCO, NetApps, or IBM MQ integration environments
- Experience with BI, EDWs, and DB environment
- Experience with security architecture
- Application Design, Development, and Testing - Software Life Cycle
- Management techniques and Tools for managing requirements, process, and object versioning
- Knowledge of data quality principles and concepts.
- Knowledge of SQL and other programming languages.
- Database monitoring software (e.g. NetIQ, HP Openview, BMC Patrol, SiteScope, etc) and advanced monitoring techniques
- Understanding of the database development lifecycle, including database creation, table design, etc.
- Familiar with ETL tools, primarily with SSIS 2005 however Informatica, DTS, etc
- Experience with architecting and implementing reports within SQL Server Reporting Services 2000/2005
- Bachelors degree in computer science desired
- Related technical undergraduate degree, or related experience
Up to $115K+ DOE + Bonus - Excellent total package - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org