Job at Next Step: Contractor needed for Office Administration, Operations Support and Program CoordinationJune 16th, 2009
Next Step Office Operations
Next Step’s results-focused training and consulting services have
facilitated growth for Cisco Systems, Palm, Goodwill Industries, Genentech,
Sonic Wall and many other technology, service and manufacturing
organizations since 1997. Our 35 senior professionals have experience in all
facets of marketing, sales, management and employee development.
To continue our growth, Next Step is seeking a high energy contractor (with
opportunity for FTE after demonstration of abilities in all aspects of
operations role) to support our Office Operations. This is a great
opportunity for someone who wants to make a real contribution to a company
like Next Step and our clients’ success, while learning and growing in the
The successful contractor in this key role will have prior experience in a
small (<50 employees) professional services company, enjoy multi-tasking and
want an opportunity to grow for the long term.
- General office administration including processing mail, checking
and responding to voicemail (ops and main mail box), filing and faxes.
- Monitor and maintain inventories and place orders for office
supplies, marketing materials and training materials.
- Ensure all office equipment including phones, PCs, printers, faxes,
and copiers are in working order and stocked with paper, toner / ink at all
- Assist in creation and tracking of Client Agreements and Consultant
Statements of Work.
- Manage billing report and monitor receipt of invoices from suppliers
- Create client invoices and ensure receipt then payment by client
- Maintain relationships, schedule and agreements with outside service
providers (bookkeeper, CPA, IT Services, Print Production, Supplies etc)
- Assist in Consultant Recruitment and Development activities.
Event / Program Coordination:
- Maintain event plan and project plan for all client workshops,
marketing events, internal events and outbound marketing activities.
- Coordinate logistics and communication to client and consultants for
training workshops and marketing events or speaking engagements as needed
- Coordinate with outside vendors to acquire, print, assemble, and
ship materials, and any other tasks required for NS to deliver client
workshops and marketing events in timely, professional manner.
- Assist in formatting of materials for workshops and marketing events
and other company activities.
- Print and collate (or manage outside supplier) for production of all
materials for Workshops and Events, assemble workshop materials and
facilitator kits and ensure on time delivery of high quality materials to
training / event location.
General Administrative Support:
- Register CEO, consultants and marketing team for events; make lunch
and dinner reservations as requested. Confirm CEO appointments and provide
driving directions as needed.
- Schedule, build agenda, manage logistics and provide recaps of
weekly staff meetings, quarterly Consultant Meetings and business
- Enter, maintain and do queries of contacts in ACT! Database.
- Strong desire to join a high growth, high integrity team dedicated
to having a long term impact on clients through delivering quality results
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years work experience performing administrative,
operations and/or coordination functions in a small (<50 employees)
professional service organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English, are
mandatory along with demonstrably strong ‘people skills’.
- Experience and demonstrated skills using the Microsoft Office Suite,
common web applications and ACT. MUST be technology-savvy.
- Must want to work in a fast past, driven environment that requires
multi-tasking, agility and interaction with clients and consultants.
- Needs to live within 20 miles of Redwood City
Why work with Next Step?
Since Next Step’s founding in 1997, our team of 35 senior professionals has
maximized results for companies in all stages of growth. We are proud of our
loyal customer base and team members who appreciate the professional, yet
dynamic work environment and numerous opportunities to grow and excel with
If you meet the above qualifications please send your resume with cover
letter answering the question of, ‘why should we choose you for this great
opportunity’ along with samples of at least two documents that you have
created to: careers AT nextstepgrowth DOT com.