Job: Business Systems Analyst - Trading Systems - CRD, MacGregor or Predator - Boston, MA AreaDecember 2nd, 2008
Position: Business Systems Analyst
Up to $90K DOE + Bonus
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
Working for a global investment management firm, this individual will work within our Investment Support Organization as a Business Analyst for projects related to trading processes including system(s) development, implementation and/or enhancements.
This person will be responsible for working with the business community to create business requirements documents and perform configuration in support of user requirements.
The business analyst will also responsible for ensuring that business requirements are aligned to the overall strategic IT and operational vision.
This person will work closely with the software development group to convey, clarify, and/or enhance the stated requirements.
In addition, the person will be responsible for working with the investment divisions and / or Quality Assurance to ensure plans for each of the enhancements are executed and that the final deliverables are accepted in a timely fashion.
This person will also keep the project manager informed of the status of assigned tasks. The position puts the candidate in contact will all areas of the organization and will be required to work closely with other members of the project team(s).
This position reports directly to the Investment Systems - Trading Systems Manager.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Work with the business community to establish functional requirements for any trade lifecycle process enhancements, including new system development, new functionality, version upgrades, and reporting requirements
- Work as part of a team of in-house staff and outside consultants to implement the required changes
- Write business analysis documents to be used by our development staff
- Provide timely updates on progress of assigned tasks to project manager
- Coordinate/execute QA test plans before releasing product enhancements for user testing
- Assist in production release of new functionality and provide assistance in support of production issues
- Document user defined enhancement requests, product gaps, and product bugs
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5 years experience with trade order management system concepts
- 5 years experience with software development or implementation projects
- 5 years experience in the Financial Services sector required, experience in investment management preferred
- Experience writing Business Requirement Documents and QA Test Plans required
- Experience with Charles River Development (CRD), Macgregor XIP and Predator Trading Systems preferred
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills, proven ability to work directly with the business community
- Must be detail oriented with very strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with little or no supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Must be willing to take initiative and employ good follow-through skills
- BS - CS, Business, or Related
Compensation Package - Competitive Base Salary + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - US Based Applicants Only - No Relocation Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article