Position: Sr. System Engineer
Location: Marlboro, MA Area
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Senior Systems Engineer will contribute to the overall engineering,
design, build and provide high level support of all existing and new Windows
Server infrastructure. As a senior member of the team, the successful
candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop
consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
- Monitor windows environment for anomalies and errors, reporting
and escalation of issues.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of
- Provide Level III support and repair, as well as escalation to the
Business Application Group and/or Operations.
- Manager enterprise applications responsible for server builds,
patch management, virtual machine management, virus scanning, etc.
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and
policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols.
- Meet or exceed SLA obligations consistently and on an ongoing
basis, allow for accurate metrics to measure response time, meet BCP
requirements for offsite access, and reduce the time needed to address
Keys to This Position:
1.We are looking for a Very Senior Windows Systems Engineer that has
strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
2.In-depth Knowledge of VMware architecture and hands on experience with
V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software.VMware and ESX
are required.The most recent version of ESX is 3.x
3.We are presently using Windows 2003 server and will be migrating to
Windows 2008.The candidate needs to have 2003 server (2008 would be a
4.Strong Active Directory and Microsoft Clustering skills are required.
5.The candidate should come from a large production environment - (700+
Windows Servers globally)
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 8+ years of managing a Windows Server environment (Windows 2003
- In-depth Knowledge of VMware architecture and hands on experience
with V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Clustering
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently
- The ability to design and build an Active Directory infrastructure
- Hands on management of an Active Directory infrastructure
- Proficiency in DNS, DHCP and other naming services
- Server management with an emphasis on HP servers
- In-depth Knowledge of disk management with SAN, NAS and local
storage with an emphasis on disk layout and performance
- Strong systems engineering skills with an emphasis on enterprise
- LINUX skills are highly desired.
- Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and
Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org