Job: Sr. Core Java Engineer with multi-threading experience - Menlo Park, CAMay 14th, 2009
Position: Sr. Core Java Engineer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
This is an exciting position with our client’s Enterprise Engineering team. The candidate will contribute to the development of the hub of the company’s virtual desktop solution: The Management Server. The Management Server manages the entire deployment of the company’s virtual desktop solution in diverse customer environments. The Senior Software Engineer will own key areas of the Management Server, including scalability, redundancy, and robustness. They will be responsible for architecting and implementing robust, scalable solutions and novel algorithms to achieve the required functions in Desktop Management.
Experience with commercial and open source application servers is a must. It is desirable that candidate has demonstrated experience in developing highly scalable, distributed systems of enterprise-class. Prior experience with virtualization and data center technologies is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect modules and develop new or improve existing features for the Management Server
- Aid in the planning, scheduling and execution of assignment milestones
- Aid in developing the test environment to ensure the scalability and robustness of the Management Server
- Work closely with the QA organization to root cause issues and provide guidance for testing
- Work with customer support organization to resolve issues
- Act with a sense of urgency to achieve certain milestones and customer related issues
- 5-7 years of experience in software engineering, with emphasis on high performance, high-availability, server-side enterprise applications
- 5+ years professional core Java software development experience with emphasis on enterprise class servers and multithreading
- Experience in multi-threaded programming and web services (SOAP, WSDL, etc.) a must.
- Experience with SQL preferred.
- Strong knowledge of software design principle, Object Oriented Methodology, Design Patterns
- Good understanding of available open source frameworks, and their applicability
- Understanding of network fundamentals and client server architecture and embedded systems
- Experience with modern UI frameworks like OpenLazslo, Flex, Flash is preferred
- Creative problem solving ability and self-starter
- A proven track record of active involvement with full product lifecycles
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a team player attitude
- MS/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent knowledge and experience
kbretz AT kbretz DOT com
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article