Position: Senior Software QA Engineer job at Silicon Valley
Location: Silicon Valley
Job Summary: As a Senior QA Engineer you will work as part of a team
responsible for debugging our client’s software products through the use of
systematic automated tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards
for their products.
The team also develops, modifies, and executes software test plans; analyzes
and writes test standards and procedures; maintains documentation of
results; and consults with development Engineers in resolution of problems.
As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the
group is on competitive market and customer requirements, technology
advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market.
- Previous experience in the Data Storage products area is required
- Experience with Test Automation is required.
- Knowledge of PERL is desired; alternatively a strong programming
background in C.
- A major part of your responsibility you will be to lead in various aspects
- Gathering test requirements
- Developing, implementing and executing test plans
- Test scripts
- Test reports
- Test summaries
- Ability to read and understand software and/or hardware design
- Actively participate in design reviews and make recommendations for
- Act as a technical advisor and resource to other engineers and cross
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers.
- Architecting new or existing system tests, system test planning, test bed
setup, automated test development, test execution, debugging and results
- Lead tasks to modify existing or create new test cases/suites/use case
scenarios to increase system level testing between OS subsystems
- Develop System level test plans and test cases to qualify products
- Work with support organization and Marketing on customer escalations to
identify test gaps and add customer use cases to resolve these gaps
- Participate in product requirement, functional, and design document
reviews and contribute towards improvement of quality of products
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a software or QA engineer is
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a
PhD; or equivalent experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical
Please send your detailed resume to:
hank AT ocgrp DOT com