Position: Sr. Network Support Engineer job at N. 128 Area Mass. - Excellent $$
Location: N. 128 Area
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Private, successful, and growing software firm
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The person selected for this critical role will be responsible for providing
day-to-day technical support on all the firm’s products in a 24×7
environment. This individual will spend a majority of their time on the
phone with customers and in the technical support lab emulating customer
problems. This position requires daily interaction with internal personnel
in an effort to quickly resolve technical product issues.
Specific assignments may include the following:
- Maintain call-tracking database with required information as
customer calls are handled. This includes updating case information in the
database on a daily basis.
- Provide technical support to remote customer sites via telephone,
WebEx, IP and/or VPN access.
- Troubleshoot remote customer networks to quickly resolve issues
and minimize any equipment downtime or failure conditions.
- Utilize the technical service lab in an effort to recreate and
resolve customer issues (bugs). This includes the writing of detailed bug
reports within Engineering Database.
- Verify and test new hardware/software per specific customer
- Create documentation and action plans for system upgrades and
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product).
Transfer this skill in order to educate colleagues and/or customers via
presentations or documentation (technical tips, etc…).
- Work closely with customer operations personnel and (when
required) Sales, Engineering and Management personnel.
- Provide after hours technical support on a rotational schedule.
- Participate in status meetings and reviews as required.
- Perform approx. 15-20% travel to customer locations.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Need to be a strong match for the following:
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science and/or equivalent experience.
- Previous Technical Support experience with strong customer
- 3-6 years experience in the networking/computer industry.
- Strong knowledge of IP protocol including ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP,
IPSEC and SNMP, etc.
- Good understanding of related TCP based applications such as
MOSS, SSL, CIFS, MAPI and Clear Case (CCRC).
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux (Redhat, FreeBSD, etc…) Operating
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and specific workings related to WCCP
- Experience with test equipment - Ethernet analyzers (Wireshark),
WAN simulators and traffic generators.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org