Position: Sr. Sys Admin Windows
3 Openings - Duration of 3-6 months - Possibly Longer
No 3rd Parties - No Sponsorship - Local Candidates Only
Location: Marlborough, MA Area
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Senior Systems Administrator will contribute to the overall engineering, design, build and high level support of all existing and new Windows Server infrastructure. As a senior member of the team, the successful candidate will need to work closely with our internal clients to develop consensus and find solutions to problems facing their business constituents.
- Monitor windows environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
- Provide the required daily support, maintenance, and management of the platforms.
- Provide Level III support and repair, as well as escalation to the Business Application Group and/or Operations.
- Manager of enterprise applications responsible for server builds, patch management, virtual machine management, virus scanning, etc.
- Develop and maintain high standards in establishing procedures and policies to address routine jobs and certain resolution protocols.
- Meet or exceed SLA obligations consistently and on an ongoing basis, allow for accurate metrics to measure response time, meet BCP requirements for offsite access, and reduce the time needed to address hardware/software failures.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Key to the position:
1. We are looking for a Very Senior Windows Systems Admin that has strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
2. In-depth Knowledge of VMware architecture and hands on experience with V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software. VMware and ESX are required. The most recent version of ESX is 3.x
3. We are presently using Windows 2003 server and will be migrating to Windows 2008. The candidate needs to have 2003 server (2008 would be a plus).
4. Strong Microsoft Clustering skills are required.
5. Ideally the candidate should come from a larger environment (700 Windows Servers globally growing to a 1000 by the end of 2009)
Candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of managing a Windows Server environment
- The ability to design and build an Active Directory infrastructure
- Hands on management of an Active Directory infrastructure
- Proficiency in DNS, DHCP and other naming services
- Server management with an emphasis on HP servers
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Clustering
- In-depth Knowledge of VMware architecture and hands on experience with V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software
- In-depth Knowledge of disk management with SAN, NAS and local storage with an emphasis on disk layout and performance
- Strong systems engineering skills with an emphasis on enterprise scale architecture
- Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture.
- LINUX skills are highly desired
Non Technical Qualification:
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Information Services professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and without constant supervision
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve independently
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org