Position: Windows Server Manager
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Location: Marlborough, MA Area
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus - Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
This position is responsible for Windows Server and Software Distribution operations globally. Working with the core infrastructure teams, this role insurers that the Windows Servers and Distribution Platforms, are operating to the highest level of availability.
This experienced network manager will provide the Windows Server team with complimentary skills and support the user community. Candidates will posses strong management skills, expertise in managing complex WinTel environments across numerous business units globally. Candidate should be experienced in advanced Active Directory, VMware experience with V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software.
Strong management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and resources at the same time are critical. Strong accountability, organization and communication skills are a must in this role.
- Oversee staff scheduling, projects, performance and training
- Establish and enforce best practices for Windows Server management, configuration changes, monitoring, patch management and security
- Responsible for short term and long term capacity needs
- Experienced in establishing and managing a budget for support, maintenance and hardware lifecycle refresh
- Provide Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 network support for a complex enterprise.
- Monitor and resolve service requests in accordance with published SLAs.
- Strong leadership, communications and presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate status to senior management team
- Review and assist in the creation of polices and procedures for enterprise network deployments
- Oversee compliance and approve change controls in accordance with the change management processes
- Oversee the monitor windows environment for anomalies and errors, reporting and escalation of issues.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 7+ years of managing a team supporting a Windows Server environment (Windows 2003 Server required)
- In-depth Knowledge of VMware architecture with experience with V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Clustering
- Ability to manage troubleshoot efforts and problem solving independently
- The ability to design an Active Directory infrastructure
- Hands on management of an Active Directory infrastructure
- Proficiency in DNS, DHCP and other naming services
- Server management with an emphasis on HP servers
- In-depth Knowledge of disk management with SAN, NAS and local storage with an emphasis on disk layout and performance
- Strong systems engineering skills with an emphasis on enterprise scale architecture
- LINUX skills are highly desired.
- Understanding of High Availability, Business Continuity, and Disaster Recovery concepts as they relate to Open Systems architecture.
Non Technical Qualification:
- Large scale financial services environment experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with Information Services professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to work in an energetic, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and without constant supervision
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a business-critical production environment
- Education/Experience: BS in Computer Science or related experience
Keys to this Position:
1. This is a Hands-on Manager that has managed a Windows Server team. This individual will manage a staff of 6 to 8 Windows Server and Software Distribution Engineers.
2. Strong Technical skills required include:
- Windows 2003 Server troubleshooting and problem solving skills. We are presently using Windows 2003 server and will be migrating to Windows 2008. The candidate needs to have 2003 server (2008 would be a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, VMware architecture, V-motion, ESX Ranger and other virtual management software. The most recent version of ESX is 3.x
- Strong Microsoft Clustering skills.
- Software Distribution technologies
BMC Marimba or SMS would be a plus. We use Marimba.
3. Ideally the candidate should come from an environment similar where they have managed 700+ Servers - Environment expected to grow to 1000 Servers in 2009.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org