Job: Senior Software Engineer - Network ProductsAugust 25th, 2008
Role: Senior Software Engineer - Network Products (Java / Network Devices)
ArcSight’s Network Synergy Group is seeking Software Engineers that are experienced, adaptable, and have the ability to work both within a team or independently. The Network Synergy Group is responsible for developing and maintaining mission critical network management applications. We are developing a robust suite of enterprise software products including our ArcSight Threat Response Manager (TRM) and ArcSight Network Configuration Manager (NCM).
* Determine unique and creative solutions to problems within a rapid development environment
* Develop and maintain software drivers to support applications.
* Participate in the design of new network drivers.
* Independently develop automated tools and methodologies
* Provide input and analysis for documentation, tests, evaluations, risk assessments, technical controls, access controls, security awareness, and security policies, standards, processes, and procedures
* Provide advice on optimizing current application architectures including technology architectural styles.
* Work closely with development and architecture teams to understand infrastructure capacity and environment requirements for new developments.
* Work with Management in developing technology/product strategies and plans
* Strong Java development knowledge and experience.
* 3+ years network administration experience.
* Experience configuring network equipment (firewalls, switches, routers)
* Development experience with object-oriented languages preferably Java and Perl, mod_perl.
* Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments
* Ability to work well independently and within a team, especially cross-functional teams
* Exceptional problem-solving expertise and attention to detail
* Superb self-management skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Object-oriented programming experience desired
* Knowledge of Linux, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Solaris, operating system security
* Auditing of networks, operating systems, and applications, a plus
* Networking Protocol knowledge
* Security awareness
* BS in Computer Science / networking or equivalent (MS a plus)
Please resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Filed under Jobs | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article