Position: Professional Services Engineer
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Redback Networks Inc, an Ericsson company, is gaining a lot of momentum in the market place, because Service Providers are upgrading their networks in order to be able to deliver personalized IP based services. A high number of Service Provider currently chose our products, since these are based on leading edge innovation and are recognized in the market place as such.
Redback Professional Services is now seeking a senior level networking professional to deliver services to our Customers and Partners and to coach and enable other professional services professionals (e.g.from the Ericsson Global Services organizations, or from other selected set of partners) to provide such services based on Redback products, with a strong focus on our NetOp Element Systems (EMS) and NetOp Policy Manager (NPM) product lines.
The location for the function is Vancouver.
Job Requirements Job Responsibilities:
- Perform complex installation and integration activities on our NetOP EMS and PM management products
- Work closely together with a team of Professional Services and System Integration Engineers both from Ericsson and other selected partners to make sure that they can deliver installation and integration activities for the NetOp platforms (knowledge sharing and coaching).
- Create new Professional Services offerings, based on our expanding product portfolio, conduct them for the first time to ensure that they can be performed, and train the “pool of engineers” so that they can also perform these activities.
- Conduct network and system audits, and enable delivery by external pool of engineers.
- In close cooperation with Product Management and Engineering, create new (telecommunication) services, based on the NPM platform. Turn these into a Professional Services program and enable the delivery of this by the external pool of engineers
- As part of their activities consultants will be expected to review NetOp product features and documentation, and provide guidance and feedback to the Engineering team.
- Consultants will be expected to consult with other departments within Redback on NetOp installation, integration, customization, and troubleshooting issues.
- Consultants may be involved in pre- and post-sales technical support for our sales and system engineering team, as well as lab trials and acceptance tests.
- This is a diverse and rapidly evolving position.You will be part of a growing team that is dedicated to success - you’ll need to be flexible in your areas of support as we have a philosophy of doing “anything it takes” to get things done.
- This position is based in Vancouver, Canada (co-located with our Engineering team), and will require significant travel.Part of the travel is international.
- Strong understanding of IP networks and broadband technologies.
- Strong background in IT environments, understanding IT issues.
- Working skills in UNIX, preferably Solaris OS.
- Important technologies include RADIUS and Oracle.
- Experience with scripting in PERL.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.Ability to handle difficult and complex customer situations, when on-site with a customer.
- A quick learner, with very strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, drawing upon your creativeness and resourcefulness.
- Network analysis tools and diagnostic experience.
- BS/EE/CS or equivalent experience.
- Experience in implementing networking solutions for broadband applications such as VOIP and IPTV.
- Sales and/ or Customer Support experience is also a big plus.
Education Requirements B.Sc.
If interested, please send your resume to jfields AT redback DOT com and I will forward to the hiring manager.