Position: PR Manager
Innovative, well funded, fast growing, highly successful, Software Start-Up,
focused on the Complex Event Processing Market This is an outstanding
opportunity for the right person to join an innovative organization and grow
as it grows. Rated as one of the best companies to work for in New England.
Great products - innovative technology - seasoned management team -
tremendous opportunity and upside - great culture.
Join a winner and contribute to their future success.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Public Relations Manager will develop and implement high-level global PR campaigns that focus on strengthening my client’s Systems position as a thought leader in capital markets. The manager will map out campaign strategies that position the company’s solutions for Capital Markets and the CEP product as a leader and innovator in this segment globally. The PR manager will develop a strategy to raise awareness of these products and associated solutions in all key financial centers, but especially New York and London. In addition, the manager will work to promote the firm’s executive leadership as thought leaders in this market. This includes securing media coverage in the major business press and at executive-level speaking events. A critical activity will be establishing ongoing relationships with targeted journalists and editors at focused trade publications.
My client has received coverage in the last 12 months from the Financial
Times, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal and industry publications
such as Wall Street Letter, Inside Market Data, Buy-Side Technology, Dealing
With Technology, Financial Week, Banking Technology and Wilmott.
The PR Manager will report to the VP, Marketing and work closely with the
executive leadership team and Director of Product Management.
- Design and execute the communications strategy for global
Financial Services PR campaigns, including developing media-ready
positioning and messaging statements
- Determine appropriate communications vehicles and pitching
articles to the press
- Collaborate with internal teams in execution of the activities
related to global PR campaigns
- Secure media coverage and interviews in top-tier business and
- Build close relationships with the financial trade press and with
reporters to improve effectiveness of pitching activities
- Write and edit corporate press releases, articles, speeches,
presentations media kit materials, issue briefs, and other communications
materials, such as web content, datasheets and whitepapers
- Secure speaking engagements for financial services experts at key
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of capital markets - Prior experience working for
an Investment Management firm or for a technology company where one of the key verticals was Investment Management.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years PR/ journalistic experience
- B2B experience working for a technology (Software) company
- Experience working with top-level executives, internally and
- Proven writing skills and strong proof-reading skills
- Strong communicator and self-starter
- Strategic thinker. Able to contribute their own ideas while
working in a team environment
- Excellent relationship builder. Ability to influence others while
maintaining strong relationships with those internally and externally.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Computer and technology fluency
- Must be able to take initiative, chase, follow-up and drive
actions in order to meet challenging deadlines
- Strongest candidates may have worked for companies like, Macgregor
(ITG), Latent Zero (Fidessa), CRD, Portware, Linedata Services, or other
similar companies with a good understanding of core business/data in
Financial Services/Investment Management firms.
- Strong leadership, and business strategy skills, and energy and
passion for your work and the product
- Appropriate Degree
- Experience in both established companies and high-technology
startups a plus.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Stock - Comprehensive Benefits Package
Preference is for Candidates in the Boston, Area, but would consider strong
candidates from NY.
Resumes in Microsoft Word Format to:
Email - ReplyWrightAssociates AT Verizon DOT Net
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Website - www.wrightassociates.org