Role: Services Engineer
Local Candidates Only
Up to $120K+ Base+ Bonus + Stock - DOE
Innovative, well funded, fast growing, Software Start-up focused on the Complex Event Processing Market This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to join an innovative organization and grow as it grows. Join a winner and contribute to their future success.
My client is looking for an exceptionally talented professional to join an awarding winning technology company on the fast track to success. Great products – innovative technology – seasoned management team – tremendous opportunity and upside – great culture.
Position Responsibilities – Summary:
Client is looking to fill a key, highly visible position - Senior Application and Services Engineer. This person will be responsible for analyzing customer needs and requirements for real-time data processing systems, and helping customers create high performance, highly scalable applications using their products.
The firm’s Professional Services provides product expertise to customers and prospects, enabling them to become proficient product programmers and designers, and enabling them to achieve rapid time to market for their applications. Professional Services Consultants provide product mentoring, application architecture and design, implement applications and adapters, perform product installation and configuration, make infrastructure architecture and provisioning recommendations, assist with application benchmarking and performance tuning, and work closely with customer teams to create highly available and resilient application systems using the firm’s products..
A Professional Services Consultant is enthusiastic about bringing CEP technology to bear on customer problems and fosters confidence throughout the firm’s user community.
Required Experience & Technical Competencies:
· B.S./M.S. with strong academic credentials in computer science, engineering or related field.
· 10 years experience as a developer of enterprise or systems level software.
· 5-7 years experience in consulting services engagements, preferably in both a large Systems Integrator/Software Vendor and start-up environment:
o Experience in implementation of vendor-based enterprise or systems software solutions at customer sites.
o Heavy customer facing contact
o Demonstrated successful software deployments
o Applications experience with high performance – high volume – large amounts of data etc.
· Very strong Java skills; C++ and C# a plus
· Strong experience with distributed systems and distributed messaging such as Tibco Rendezvous or JMS/EMS.
· Experience building financial services data processing infrastructure - Must have capital markets financial services experience - Strong knowledge of server side capital markets front office trading applications.
· Familiarity with SQL and Linux/Solaris; Windows server a plus
· Strong analytical and business-process skills and the ability to apply them to technical solutions.
· A passion for working directly with end users, helping them solve problems that affect their business’s success
· An understanding of how to design and build applications systems that are resilient to operational failures
· Strong Communication Skills - Both written and oral
· Small to medium project management and consulting project size/cost estimation skills
· A willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of working time, primarily in the northeastern US and Canada - This position is based in Mid Town, NY.
Very Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Stock - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship - Local Candidates Only
Resumes in Microsoft Word Format to:
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - email@example.com - WEB Site – www.wrightassociates.org