Job: Data Center Manager - Facilities - FS - Marlborough, MA Area - Outstanding PackageOctober 27th, 2008
Role: Data Center Manager – Facilities – FS - Marlborough, MA Area - Outstanding Package
Outstanding Compensation Package – Base + Bonus + PS
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm – Great Company – Lots of Upside – Excellent Compensation Package – Bonus – Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth possibilities.
Position Responsibilities - Summary
The Data Center Manager takes care of the physical aspects of the data center(s) - racking, stacking, electrical, mechanical, how equipment is populated, etc. This person’s team works with the physical building security and Real Estate. This position is responsible for operations and management of the firm’s IDFs, MDFs and Data Centers globally. By working with Real Estate, this role ensures that Data Center environmental equipment is functioning
properly, maintained and closely monitored. This position manages staff that supports equipment installation, infrastructure cabling, racking & stacking activities for all of IS.
The Data Center management team supports department relocation activities as it pertains to cabling installations, removals, and reorganizations. In addition, this role works directly with mechanical, electrical, and cabling contractors to schedule moves, adds and changes as well as coordinating preventative maintenance schedules and trouble shooting of environmental equipment issues.
· Manage day-to-day facility operation of Massachusetts Data Centers.
· Manage equipment and cable installations at Massachusetts WMC locations.
· Supports disaster recovery cabling needs for Massachusetts locations.
· Manage staff of 4 -6 individuals and assigns tasks, defines work and schedules for Data Facilities Management.
· Attends meetings that involve Data Facilities Management.
· Manages changes that involve Data Facilities Management and assigns resources to support changes 7 x 24 x 365.
· Ensures Remedy tickets are resolved by Data Facilities Management in a timely manner.
· Works closely with outside vendors that support Data Center and Cabling installations, maintenance activities and resolution of any equipment failures.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· 15 + years experience with Data Center operations, cabling (voice/data) - (copper/fiber), environmental data center equipment (UPS, Generator, PDU, and fire protection.
· Working knowledge of network cabling (LAN) and data center facility equipment (power/cooling).
· Experience with Data Center layout, design, and engineering.
· Experience managing staff.
· Knowledge of change management controls/processes, installation/removal of equipment - Unix/Wintel, Network, NAS, SAN, Telco.
· Excellent organizational, customer and communication skills.
· Four-year undergraduate degree preferred
· Willingness to travel as required to remote sites as needed
· Hands on experience with MS Office products
· Experience working in a larger Investment Management Firm
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available – US Based Applicants Only – Relocation Possible
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - email@example.com - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article