Position: Performance Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Virtualization is that coveted, fast-growing industry that provides the platform for professional growth and the excitement of being an early stage innovator. VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center. Customers of all sizes rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2007 revenues of $1.33 billion, more than 100,000 customers, nearly 18,000 partners, and 6,000 employees working in 36 countries, VMware is one of the fastest-growing public software companies.
VMware’s world-class, award-winning R&D team is comprised of thousands of top-notch computer scientists and software engineers that are transforming computing through virtualization. Members of the R&D team voice their creative ideas and watch them become initiatives, participate in exciting short-term and long-term products on the VMware roadmap, initiate advanced research projects, and/or write and test code that ships. At VMware, our engineers continue to learn and grow by working with top professionals from around the world and recent graduates of top universities and by taking advantage of our extensive internal training opportunities and generous external education assistance program. R&D team members work on the latest computing equipment and have access to the ACM and IEEE libraries. VMware has R&D offices in: Silicon Valley; Cambridge, MA; Broomfield, CO; Sofia, Bulgaria; Aarhus, Denmark; London, UK; Herzliya, Israel; Bangalore
Performance Engineering Role:
Engineers interested in understanding the behavior of complex software, optimizing performance and characterizing applications get to analyze and improve the performance of key components of virtualization software for industry-standard computer systems. Engineers interested in performance management and diagnostic tools get to design and develop products to help customers manage the performance of their applications running in virtual machines.
- Analyze workload performance and scalability across a variety of hardware and software configurations.
- Develop sound methodologies for accurate performance comparisons, as well as study workload characteristics to create a balanced suite of performance workloads.
- Work with developers to resolve performance problems, and implement solutions and performance optimizations.
- Develop tools for understanding and comparing performance data.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math.
- 2+ years of experience in systems software development and/or performance a plus.
- Experience with industry standard benchmarks is desired.
- Experience in optimization, scalability and performance analysis.
- Strong self-starter who is highly interested in Virtual Infrastructure Management technology.
Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness, collaboration and balance. Earn a competitive salary and performance-based bonuses and increases
Please send you resume to
hcharnaw AT vmware DOT com