Position: HCM Upgrade System Administrator
Our Client is seeking a Lead Technical System Administrator for an HCM
Release 8.3 to 9.0 upgrade. This person will be responsible for conducting
the daily tasks for the upgrade including, supporting the continued use of
single-sign on security, running the upgrade scripts, working with the
technical team to re-apply customizations, providing assistance as necessary to the Oracle database upgrade, PeopleTools upgrade from 8.22.14 to 8.49, PeopleSoft Portal upgrade from 8.8 to 9.0, migrations and planning maintenance pack patch applications such that the client is current on all patches at go-live.
Responsibilities will include:
- Execute all necessary planned upgrade tasks and give status to management
- Extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft Migration architecture and Change
- Monitoring and maintenance of change control procedures and policies
- Skilled in environment creation / management, object data / migration,
- Manage PIA, Tuxedo App Server Domains running on AIX, Web Logic Servers running on Window Server 2003/VM Ware, CISCO CSS/CSM, Microsoft IIS Reverse Proxy Server and Process Schedulers
- Strong experience in architecture planning, and design of complex
- Applying Tax and patch updates utilizing PeopleSoft Change Assistant
- Performance tuning of application, batch, and web servers.
- Experience with Application Messaging, Integration Broker, Component
Interface, and PeopleSoft workflow
- Extensive understanding and experience in PeopleSoft problem resolution
- Experience using and resolving PeopleSoft Audits
- Migration of development projects to staging and production environments
with change control
- Provide support to PeopleSoft development and production support teams
- Work with Oracle DBA and developers to resolve system issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skill:
- 3 full life-cycle application and tools upgrades with extensive knowledge
in PeopleSoft upgrades, Upgrade Assistant, change, Assistant, Data Mover,
SQR/SQL, Application Designer and Version Control
- Knowledge of Oracle 10g Database Administration, Storage Management,
Backup & Recovery, Performance Monitoring, Tuning, Database Integrity &
- 2 years PeopleSoft Portal experience
- Analyze and troubleshooting the interaction between databases, operating
systems and applications in the areas of performance
- Basic database refresh and restore experience
- PeopleSoft Security utilizing LDAP, Active Directory and single sign-on
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
Should you be interested in this position, please email a clean copy of your
resume (Word format preferred) to email@example.com along with 3-5 available times for a telephone prescreening (30 minutes maximum). In order to ensure a response within 48 hours, please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your response message.
Should you not be interested the above listed position but know of someone
who may be - please feel free to forward this message and please let us know who referred you. For other positions, check out our website listings at
Thank you for your time - have a great day!
Jacqueline M. Sorce
Owner/President - Sorce Solutions, Inc.
700 Colorado Blvd. #299
Denver, CO 80206