Position: DSP Systems Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Small group within clients Engineering Organization developing products mainly for the transmission of hi-speed data over the CATV plant, for CMTS and digital video applications. The products include encoding, digital signal processing, as well as analog and RF. We also develop the test systems for those products which could span from Software and Hardware to mechanical design.
The candidate will have several responsibilities. Among those:
- Support, analyze and improve existing system designs, which include data interfaces, DSP, digital design and other. Candidates will work with systems, DSP, RF/analog and test engineers in an R&D environment.
- Contribute in new product definitions
- Produce robust system designs, from the digital interface and all the way to RF
- Possibly oversee SW and FW designs
- Master of Science in Engineering plus a minimum of 10+ years experience in system designs in the fields of DSP, communications, and/or digital design.
- Specific Knowledge/Skills
- Know how to use common system analysis and simulation tools.
- Experience in the field of data over the cable TV plant is greatly advantageous
- Design experience of DSP based communications systems. Preferably some experience in efficient implementation of DSP blocks in FPGAs.
- Experience should include some programming in C or other languages.
- Experience with Python or other scripting language would be useful.
- Digital and analog/RF circuit understanding is a must, with emphasis on the theory of operation.
- Experience in test systems is a plus.
- Good command of the English language, communication skills, and good technical writing ability
If you have interest please contact Jim_Krontz AT yahoo DOT com.