Position: DC Engineers
This is a bit of an unusual position for us. We are involved in a large DC build for a client and were recently asked if we knew of anyone to handle on-site DC engineering around facilities and IT management. These positions are full-time contract-to-hire and are located in Wenatchee, Washington…which is roughly 2 hours east of Seattle in what is loosely called, “the Palm Springs of Washington”.
Needless to say there are not a lot of DC engineers in Wenatchee unless they work for the other large DC’s being built on the Bonneville grid, so these roles do not offer relocation, travel allowance nor support visa’s
Our req is below….and, as always, please apply directly to: https://www.covestic.com/careers.html
Covestic is looking for Data Center Facilities Engineers to provide services and operations support for data center infrastructure systems for an enterprise client. The candidate should have mid level experience with common physical plant systems found in a very large datacenter environment. The engineer should be willing to perform physical tasks related to the build out and day-to-day changes required to operate and expand a world class data center facility.
- Implement and oversee strategic data center infrastructure systems, to include power, cooling, fire suppression, space allocation, connectivity and security
- Troubleshoot and repair failures in data center equipment or systems as well as manage vendors to do the same
- Document and escalate issues to more senior personnel for review, recommendations and/or resolution as appropriate
- Monitor all service requests and work orders for timely completion
- Respond to and resolve routine change requests from internal customers in a timely, efficient manner
- Implement improved methods for getting routine work done
- Make day-to-day decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge to solve basic problems
This position is located in Wenatchee, Washington. Relocation and/or travel to the Wenatchee area is required and unfortunately, not covered. Also, we will not be able to accept candidates that require visa assistance. Thank you for your understanding.
- 3+ years experience in data center facilities operations, working supporting a critical production data center environment.
- 3+ years troubleshooting and resolving mechanical or electrical problems.
- 3+ years experience managing vendors in electrical or mechanical related field.
- Basic level understanding of the relationships between IT systems, processes and management.
- Working knowledge of common data center equipment and architectural components such as:
—Power (UPS, PDU/RDU)
—Cooling (HVAC/CRAC units)
—Fire suppression and Alerting solutions
—Space allocation, capacity management and rack elevation planning and documentation
—Connectivity solutions and best practices for both copper and fiber
—Physical & logical security
- Ability to analyze business processes and make improvement recommendations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Tools (e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Familiarity with AutoCAD a plus