Position: Sr. Network Voice Engineer
Base + Bonus + Retirement - Excellent total package
Local Candidates Only
Location: Boston, MA Area
Mid-Sized, successful, and growing Boston based global investment management company - Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Senior Network Engineer will be reporting to the manager of the Network & Security team that is responsible for the day-to-day operations and architecture of the global network. Responsibilities include troubleshooting issues with routing, protocols, all LAN / WAN based activities, vendors, Cisco & IPC voice systems, market data connectivity, remote access systems, RSA authentication, Anti-Virus, DHCP, DNS, 3rd party VPNs, Firewalls.
They are looking for a skilled senior network & voice professional with experience in network design and deployment, working on a highly available network. You must enjoy working as part of a team and be prepared to work outside of usual business hours. The candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills, be able to balance creative solutions with the ability to work within a change-management maintenance environment. The ideal candidate will have experience in deploying and maintaining a Cisco VoIP converged network and will be energetic, flexible and committed to excellence. Financial services experience a plus.
Client this year has doubled the size of its metro network, with two new data centers now in production and a fully converged voice network.
Position Responsibilities - Detailed:
- Responsible for maintaining the enterprise network including wide area and local area networks as well as IP convergence.
- Install and maintain routers and switches in various network configurations supporting VLANs, Qos, VoIP, and advanced access-lists.
- Manage the global voice system - Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.0 & 3rd party applications / systems, Including IPC trader voice systems, Unified Presence, Mobility.
- Plan, monitor, evaluate, and manage performance of network systems and makes recommendations for improvement/upgrades.
- Ensure that network issues arising on a day-to-day operation are identified, reported, and technically resolved.
- Provide support for remote access systems
- Provide support for all dual-factor authentication systems & security measures
- Create firewall rules & modifications as needed - troubleshoot anything that may arise.
- Monitor infrastructure security systems, IPS, Log correlation, Anti-Virus.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- 5-7 years experience with switching and routing in wide and local area networks
- 10+ years supporting enterprise networks
- Cisco Unified Communications Deployment & Support experience Vital - Must be strong in Cisco Voice products - This is a key requirement.
- Experience in Configuration & Change Management processes
- Excellence in testing and documentation of procedures
- Strong grasp of networking concepts and design
- Knowledge of trusted credentials (e.g., tokens, 802.1x)
- Experience in implementing and monitoring audit and event logging and analysis
- Knowledge at the expert level of TCP/IP networks, connections, wiring and cabling, and network management
- Solid knowledge of Spanning Tree Protocol
- Solid knowledge of EIGRP / RIP2 / OSPF / BGP
- Solid knowledge of Stacking Protocols. VSS experience very advantageous
- Solid experience of Checkpoint on a Nokia IPSO Platform
- Experience with Extreme would be helpful but not required
- Experience with IPC Trader Turrets advantageous
- Exposure to VOIP, primarily Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Advanced level networking certifications such as CCVP/CCNP (Cisco) & CCSA/CCSE (Checkpoint) an advantage
- Experience with EIGRP/OSPF/RIP2, STP/RSTP, Etherchannel, VLAN tagging/trunking, VRRP/HSRP, ACL and policy enforcement, SNMP1/2/3 and monitoring platforms, packet capture and interpretation.
- Experience with: BGP, QoS implementations, multicast protocols, VoIP, SONET/WAN transport, WAN switching and routing, Juniper SSL VPN, Cisco MDS SAN storage
- Experience with NAM, WAAS, GSS, ACE, WLC, MARS, 6500’s (all Cisco) - very advantageous
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Retirement - Excellent total package - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - garywright AT prodigy DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org