Job: Principal/Sr. SW Engineer - Architect - .Net - SQL Server - Burlington, MA - Salary Open + StockOctober 27th, 2008
Role: Principal .Net/SR. SW Engineer – Architect – SQL Server – Burlington, MA
Area – Salary Open + Stock
Base + Stock + Benefits
Local Candidates Only – No Sponsorship
This Venture backed start up is a leading provider of virtual infrastructure, lifecycle management software. They are looking for an exceptionally talented and committed professional who can help them to deliver their products and services to the customers whom they serve.
Position Responsibilities – Summary
Client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer that has hands-on experience with the .NET platform, has demonstrated leadership abilities and a proven track record of successfully delivering enterprise-grade applications. This position will work closely with the ventures CTO, Product Management and Engineering. Will be involved in multiple aspects of the development process and must have the skills and desire to play a variety of roles and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
· Provide senior-level application architectural leadership within a fast paced organization. This will involve early-phase requirement assessments, prototyping, level-of-effort estimation, and Technical Designs that lead to the production of application architectures that maximize processing efficiency, security and component reuse.
· Provide senior-level technical leadership to teams of application engineers. Will champion new solutions and approaches and guide successful technical adoption through mentoring, instruction, and by actively participating in software development projects.
· Be involved with hands-on development of proof-of-concepts and prototypes during the elaboration phase and actual development of the product during the construction phase.
· Collaborate with business associates at multiple levels to gain in-depth information of critical success factors, to translate complex technical solutions into easily understood business terms, and to provide intelligent analysis of various prospective solutions including cost/benefit/risk analysis.
· Collaborate with technical associates at multiple levels and occasionally with clients or partners in an effort to gain in-depth understanding of technical requirements and priorities and to build successful lasting relationships.
· Own and develop (design, code, unit test) significant portions of the product.
Required Skills and Competencies:
· Senior-level Microsoft technical depth and design pattern knowledge
· Bachelors degree or higher in computer science or related discipline
· Motivated individual with proven track record of on-time delivery
· 10+ years of increasing responsibilities in software development
· 5+ years in senior architect role or equivalent
· Experience developing .net applications
· Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
· Experience with developing enterprise products that scale to thousands of systems.
· Extensive experience in detailed software design, coding, unit testing, integration, documentation, and build management following a structured development methodology
· Deep knowledge of Microsoft .NET framework.
· Experience with relational database development using MS SQL server, stored procedures and competencies in data modeling and database design
· Experience with XML, XSL, XSLT, and Web Service Standards, i.e. WS-*
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate at technical and non-technical levels
· Thorough understanding of basic Internet protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SOAP, POP, SSL
· Versatility in handling multiple projects and re-prioritizations
· Direct experience and deep understanding of Microsoft Workflow Foundation and Microsoft Communication Foundation.
· Understanding of data center operations and virtualization technologies
· Experience dealing with offshore teams
· Experience with multiple platforms and technologies
· Deep understanding of cryptography and securing customer data
· Deep understanding of Web Application and Network Security standards and best practices, able to demonstrate common hacking techniques
· Microsoft certification
Base + Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
No Sponsorship Available – US Based Applicants Only – Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354 - Email - email@example.com - WEB
Site – www.wrightassociates.org
Filed under Job News | | RSS 2.0 | Email this Article