Position: Lead SW Eng.
Location: Boston, MA Area
Outstanding Compensation Package - Base + Bonus + PS
Local Candidates Only - No Sponsorship
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm -
Great Company - Lots of Upside - Excellent Compensation Package - Bonus -
Profit Sharing etc. Join a team oriented, collaborative, results focused
environment and become part of an elite organization with great growth
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
This individual will be a lead software engineer for the development of the
firm’s Equity Derivative Trading platform as part of their Global Trading
System (GTS) initiative. Role is expected to be 30-40% Hands On. This role
will report to the Software Engineering Manager for the Equity Trading
As a senior member of the Transaction Application team, the individual will
have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the technical design, implementation, deployment, and support
of the Equity Derivative Trading platform
- Team management responsibilities, including the direct supervision
of approximately 5-6 software engineers (consultants)
- Partner with Business Analysts to review and implement business
- Partner with Project Managers, Technical and QA Leads on
estimates, status, design and quality assurance
- Partner with the Architecture team to ensure track work is aligned
with the strategic direction of the enterprise
- Stay current with evolving Trading industry and technical trends
to ensure systems and team are of highest caliber
Keys to This Position:
1)Good core engineering skills that include not only software
development skills (Design, Development, good structured programming) but an
understanding of the delivery process (e.g. agile, planning, requirements,
testing, support, documentation, etc.) and the tools that make a developer
efficient (e.g. Hudson, clover, crucible, fisheye, etc….)
2)Strong Java (Server Side), Messaging (i.e. JMS), Java Frameworks
(i.e. Spring) and PL/SQL.
3)Trading Systems experience a strong plus.
4)Equities or Fixed Income experience.
5)Strong Communication skills.
6)On a Leadership path.
7)Seeking experience with High Volume, High Transactional Systems.
This individual will have a strong Java background and know how to build
High Speed Performance Applications.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate must have excellent leadership, management and
communication skills plus proven ability to design and deliver solutions
relevant to complex business problems.
- Strong analysis, design and modeling skills
- Seven plus years in systems development using Java (Server Side)
- Strong knowledge and experience with message technologies (e.g.
- Strong knowledge and experience with frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Strong Knowledge of Oracle Database or related RDB’’s
- Knowledge of software development and testing methodologies and
their effective application
- Experience developing high performance Trading applications
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced,
team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical production
- UI Development experience would be considered a strong plus
- Computer Science degree or related field
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available - Local Candidates Only
Gary Wright - President - Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - replywrightassociates AT verizon DOT net
Website - www.wrightassociates.org