Role: Sr. SW Eng–Java/J2EE–Oracle–SOA - Marlborough, MA Area – Up to $110K+
Up to $110K+ Base DOE + Bonus + PS
Large, successful, and growing Boston based Investment Management Firm –Great Company – Lots of Upside – Excellent Compensation Package – Bonus –Profit Sharing etc.
Position Responsibilities - Summary:
The Application Technologies group seeks a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for technically implementing the requirements to support the rapid evolution of the firm’s enterprise application initiatives.
This individual will provide hands-on technical design and implementation skills and experience as well as development leadership working closely with the central enterprise architecture and business aligned application
development teams. The individual will design and develop technical solutions and frameworks that will enable and improve the application architecture improvements from an enterprise perspective.
The individual must demonstrate a track record in the “state of the art” technology, be able to work in all phases of the software engineering practice, and across many applications, products and challenges. The individual will provide architectural and design know-how, experience, leadership and very strong communication in a goal and team oriented
· Implement technical solutions to improve the global application architecture in terms of performance, availability, and scalability
· Provide practical and detail application design solutions which address the needs of enterprise applications
· Technically contribute at both the design and code level
· Ability to develop common solutions which are useable across many applications and adaptable to global requirements
· Manage risk identification and mitigation strategies associated with development projects and architectures
· Stay current with evolving industry and technical trends to ensure global architecture is of the highest standard and caliber
· Collaborate with the application development teams on numerous matters - participate and lead tool evaluation and selection
Keys to this Position:
1. Strong technical design and development skills. The position breaks down as follows: 55% hands-on development, 35% design, 10% leadership: working with engineers and architects across application development teams. The key
words are: Design, Delivery, and Evangelism.
2. Very close to the technology, developing prototypes, recently fresh from the coding world with key technologies (Java/J2EE, Oracle, Spring Framework,Hibernate, ORM, SOA/ESB/EAI, BPM, XML, JMS, etc.)
3. Strong with application design practices and SDLC methodologies.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills.The ideal individual will possess strong experience in software architecture and development.
Specific requirements include:
· Minimum of ten years as an enterprise developer
· Experience with all phases of software development life cycle
· Very well versed in application technologies such as, Java, J2EE, n-tier computing, messaging, application integration, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), .NET, Spring Framework, Hibernate, AJAX, JMS, etc.
· Delivery focused, yet flexible, creative and adaptive to change as called upon
· Experience with Agile Project Management techniques, Unified Process, UML, Model Driven Architectures and Use Case notations
· Well versed and strong understanding of enterprise application technologies and delivery techniques
· Demonstrates rigorous structured approach to project management. Applies best practice project management techniques
· Excellent organization and communication skills
· Driven and committed to overcome obstacles and deliver projects on time and within budget
· Advanced engineering or computer science degree
Very Competitive Base Salary + Profit Sharing + Bonus - Comprehensive Benefits Package
No Sponsorship Available – US Based Applicants Only – Relocation Possible
Gary Wright - President – Wright Associates
Phone - (508) 761-6354
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org - WEB Site –