Position: Portfolio Project Manager
Location: San Francisco, CA
Our client is seeking a Portfolio Project Manager and people manager to join
the PM Services team- The Portfolio Project Manager will be responsible for
managing Project Managers assigned to manage IT infrastructure projects
following standards put in place by our PM Services organization- Our
customer project portfolio includes external customer projects (billable and
non-billable). It is critical our projects are completed on time and within
the approved budget. Our Project Managers are expected to manage multiple
projects simultaneously and the Portfolio Project Manager provides project
oversight and coaching/mentoring to the Project Managers.
The Portfolio Project Manager is responsible for interfacing with our
customers, major issue management, and escalation point of contact,
procurement oversight, project plan approvals, and travel approvals,
executive reporting, reviewing and approving project closure documents, and
turnover documents. This position has high visibility with customers and
internal stakeholders (Manager, Director, VP and C-level). The successful
Portfolio Project Manager has the ability to work at all levels within an
organization from an individual contributor to the Executives.
- 5-7 years minimum proven project management skills/discipline in
work planning, estimating/budgeting, resource planning, risk assessment,
expectation management, scope and issue management with complex IT projects
- Experience managing complex IT infrastructure projects with
Network, Mainframe, Open Systems (Intel, UNIX, Linux), or AS/400 is
- Experience managing Project Costs and compiling financial
- Attention to detail is essential
- Excellence in written & verbal communications
- Strong command of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Access) and MS Project.
- Ability to work with different levels of management throughout an
organization, excellent customer focus, and ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously is a must.
- The right candidate must be a quick learner and have the aptitude
to understand the wide variety of technical solutions offered by the
- BA/BS REQUIRED
- MS strong plus
- Project Management certification; PMP certification REQUIRED
- ITIL Certification (Foundations) Strong Plus
- Solid understanding of Cost Management of large Infrastructure
projects and real examples of Cost models used.
- Integrating technical solutions of large Enterprise Projects and
real examples of recent implementations
- Solid understanding of Risk Management of large projects and real
examples of how the risks were mitigated.
- Solid understanding of the 8 elements of ITIL best practices
- Experience with EPM (”enterprise project management”) solutions a
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) Highly desirable and
recent real examples of recent deployments/knowledge use.
- Experience with REMEDY highly desired.
- Previous consulting / outsourcing experience are preferred.
- Candidate needs to have strong interpersonal, great communication
skills, and leadership skills.
- A team player that has the ability to motivate the team and drive
to project success
- Energetic and self motivated
- Candidate needs to be local and in the office Mon-Fri formal
- Candidate should be familiar with the IT Service Delivery Model as
Should you be interested in the above listed position, please email a clean
copy of your resume (Word format preferred) to jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com along with 3-5 available times for a telephone prescreening (30 minutes
maximum). In order to ensure a response within 48 hours, please be sure to
include the position title in the subject line of your response message.
Should you not be interested the above listed position but know of someone
who may be - please feel free to forward this message and please let us know
who referred you. For other positions, check out our website listings at
Jacqueline M. Sorce
Owner/President - Sorce Solutions, Inc.
jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com