Position: IT Portfolio Project Manager
Location: San Fran, CA
We are looking for a IT Project Manager for one of our clients. This
position is a Full-time opportunity.
Project Manager to manage technical IT infrastructure projects following
standards put in place by our Project Management Services team. Our project
portfolio includes internal and external customer facing projects; billable
and non-billable. The top priority is managing external customer facing
projects. These projects consist of infrastructure migrations consisting of
Mainframe, AS/400, and Open Systems computing environments. Projects must be completed within budget and on time in order to recognize revenue as projected. Our Project Managers are often expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Projects are managed following standard PM disciplines outlined in the PMBOK
published by the Project Management Institute. The Project Manager is
responsible for facilitating meetings, managing expectations, scope
management, issue and risk management, frequent status reporting and overall responsibility for completing the project on time and within budget.
Position has high visibility with customers and internal stakeholders,
including Director, VP, and C-levels within the customer and our clients
organizations. The successful Project Manager has the ability to work at all
levels within an organization from an individual contributor to the
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years proven project management skills/discipline in work planning,
estimating/budgeting, resource planning, risk assessment, expectation
management, scope and issue management with complex IT projects
- Attention to detail is essential
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion
- Good written & verbal communications
- Strong command of MS Office toolset (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and
- Experience managing IT infrastructure projects with Network, Mainframe,
Open Systems (Intel, UNIX, Linux), or AS/400 is preferred.
- Ability to work with different levels of management throughout an
organization, excellent customer focus, and ability to manage multiple
projects simultaneously is a must.
- The right candidate must be a quick learner and have the aptitude to
understand the wide variety of technical solutions offered by our client.
- Project Management certification preferred but not required.
- Previous consulting / outsourcing experience are preferred.
- Candidate needs to have good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- A team player that has the ability to motivate the team and drive to
- Energetic and self motivated
$ 85 - 105k+ (depending on years of relevant experience,
Should you be interested in this position, please email a clean copy of your
resume (Word format preferred) to jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com along with 3-5 available times for a telephone prescreening (30 minutes maximum). In order to ensure a response within 48 hours, please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of your response message.
Should you not be interested the above listed position but know of someone
who may be - please feel free to forward this message and please let us know
who referred you. For other positions, check out our website listings at
Jacqueline M. Sorce
Owner/President - Sorce Solutions, Inc.
jackie AT sorcesolutions DOT com