Position: HW Project Manager with RoHS
Locaton: San Jose, CA
The Sr. Engineering Project Manager of HW and Compliance is responsible for the planning and tactical execution of the NPI (New Product Introduction) compliance to the European Union Directive 2002/95/EC, Restriction of the use of certain Hazardous Substance (RoHS) and Directive 2002/96/EC, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), and the US Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) and Common Criteria evaluation and validation schemes.
- Oversee the implementation of hardware projects on a daily basis.
- Establish project timelines, budgets and resource requirements. Secure resource support, commitments, and senior management buy-in.
- Establish third part contracts and manage outsource activities as necessary to meet project timelines.
- Lead Program Teams and facilitate the communication and interaction amongst the functional representatives.
- Develop and drive RoHS and WEEE Program Plans and third party compliance resources.
- Develop and drive FIPS and Common Criteria Program Plans.
- Develop cross functional Project Teams to assure functional representation and execution.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated events.
- Mediate problems encountered with team members.
- Maintain detailed project plans and action items lists.
- Present detailed project plan status to senior management as required.
Intimate knowledge of:
- program management tools and procedures
- people management, presentation and conflict management skills
- RoHS and WEEE standards and implementation strategies
- FIPS and Common Criteria evaluation and validation schemes
General knowledge of:
- HW and SW design cycles
- manufacturing, printed circuit board and system assembly processes.
- operations including scheduling, procurement, manufacturing, test engineering, quality and the supply chain
- 10 years of experience in a high technology company.
- 8+ years experience in Project/Program Management.
- Previous outsourcing / contract management experience required.
- Captive or contract manufacturing experience a plus.
Bachelors degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
Reply to: johalstaffing AT yahoo DOT com