Role: Director/Sr. Director, QA (BIOS Products)
Our Client, a global market leader in system firmware is introducing next generation products that will completely redefine the expectations of the consumer electronics/PC industry through radical innovation. They are shifting the way the world views BIOS, and creating a huge financial value proposition in the process. Client is seeking an exceptional quality leader to manage the System Firmware QA team and provide technical direction focused on improving
the customer experience. This leadership role will also promote the coordination and development of a strong quality culture and direction to facilitate delivery of key business strategies that are aligned with the needs of internal and external customers. Candidate does not need to come from the BIOS industry, but must have system background and should have a thorough grasp of hardware/software interfacing or operating system internals.There are several areas of focus for this team, such as development, implementation of test automation and test coverage improvement initiatives for Secure Firmware, new innovative virtualization features underneath standard operating systems, variety of networking services integration into the firmware.
The leadership position requires proven success as an individual contributor with extensive knowledge of the embedded software engineering process. Candidates must have at least the following skills:
• 12+ years experience in embedded software QA with 3+ years managing 20+ engineers.
• Clear track record of getting high quality, innovative products deployed in production, including collaborating with Product Management and R&D teams through all phases of development to resolve quality issues, scheduling priorities and risk mitigation.
• Strong hands-on experience with test development and QA methodologies.
• Ability to lead a diverse group of quality staff located in multiple locations and coordinate efforts with other support
• Strong leadership and management skills, excellent written
and verbal communication, strong analytical, problem solving and risk
• Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-pace, aggressive schedule environment. In addition, it’s desirable to be have in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
• EFI/UEFI BIOS software
• Understanding /awareness of BIOS related standards - Power Management (ACPI), PCI, PCI-X, PCI Express,,etc
• Server and PC virtualization
• Linux or Windows XP/Vista drivers and internals